need something positive? a Trail meet perhaps?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
bikenav

need something positive? a Trail meet perhaps?

Post by bikenav »

Ok times have been a bit shit and are continuing to be so, I myself could do with something Smiley on the horizon. Would anybody be up for a big bike trail meet perhaps camping, Llandovery? based, I am not much of an organiser but happy to lead a few big bikes over some bumps and thru a river or two, been on some things connected with this forum, rallies and a meet on Salisbury Plain in 2020 prompted by someone but ably lead by Tramp, and I have offered rides previously with little interest. Just asking.
IMG_20220211_135444.jpg
IMG_20220211_135444.jpg (91.23 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
Steve T

Re: need something positive? a Trail meet perhaps?

Post by Steve T »

Bit far for a days worth of dirt (500 miles each way), plus I don't like getting wet by flowing water (rains OK though :D ) so no river crossing for me, but heres hoping that you get some willing volunteers . . . and well done for stepping up to the plate with this suggestion.
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Yeah well done for trying to set something up Paul. I was on the Salisbury ride with you and Tramp (where is he these days?) and it was a brilliant day with multiple ability riders and bikes. I think a lot of people would like to go on rides with others but maybe feel too inadequate or just plain shy!!! i say give it a go. I have lead a few rides locally and although im no riding god i will ride with anyone of any ability its all about being out on the bikes really for me, if you find the group are are too good for you or just a bunch of arseholes (which ive never encountered by the way) then just dont go with them again!

Ive found everyone ive ridden with on here to be very nice and happy to share knowledge and or skills with me, and although ill be in Wales maybe 3 times this year if i can make your meet up i will try,
Thanks Bikenav :D
Danand

Post by Danand »

Hi Paul,

l was on that Salisbury Plain ride that Tramp organised in 2020. I would like to take you up on your offer but have damaged ribs at the moment, from a fall on Salisbury Plain funny enough. If your up to doing something in the summer l would be up for that.

Neil.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

id be happy to turn up for a ride ..only thing is i dont do camping so it would be digs for me somwhere nearby
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Thanks all for the response.
Steve- 500mls is a long way I agree for a day or two especially burning up trail tyres, Water crossings are often optional and I rarely chose to go through anything risky.
Dibbs- Yes I remember you on the Plain ride it was fun with riders of different abilities but it appeared all enjoyed, I do understand caution people may have about riding with strangers in an unknown area I have done a bit of leading with riders of lesser experience and my experience is that they often get the most out of it and for myself seeing how much they get out of it brings greatest satisfaction, those with greater experience often have done and seen it all before but we all enjoy a ride, well I presume peeps here do anyway. Think I have offered you any aid in the past if you come my way but its still open anyway.
Neil- Surprises me there are so few such rides sorted here, unsure why, at rallies and such most seem to join the organised rides. obviously this is a National platform so Geography has a bearing but surely that is not the only reason anyone have any theories? Was thinking more for the spring but see how it goes.
Minky- seems the interest is a bit flat at the minute but if you wanna come down and dont want to camp thats fair enough, I know you do a bit so not sure what I could show you but be happy to try.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Hi Paul
Are you anywhere near Sweet Lamb?
Amanda might be going for a ladies weekend so I wondered about hooking up with you - I’ll be on the GS with K60s so nothing too technical.
Perhaps if we organise something others may turn up?

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”