Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Flintlock

Re: Sign Up Thread for ABR Ireland Rally 2022

Post by Flintlock »

Also added to the ride out & breakfast Tony
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Engineer finally signed off on Idris´ mods today - the last step on the long journey of getting it back on the road - so finally have all my paperwork in order. Which is just as well as I´m heading off Friday morning - taking the slow way up :lol: - looking forward to seeing you all end of next week.

Pat
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Great news Pat. Have yourself a safe & enjoyable ride up to Ireland & see you soon!
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Morning all, there'll be three of us coming over from ABR + a mate who's joining. Alun's gutted he can't make it and James has been summoned to Spain for the Yamaha Tenere World Raid launch, so there'll be:

Bryn
Will
John
John

Call them the two johnnies.

We're all really looking forward to what looks like will be a cracking weekend. Have emailed the campsite to arrange bookings for four and our ferry crossings to Dublin are in the bag. Roll on next Friday!
Heff

Post by Heff »

Great stuff.

Catch up then 👍
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

I'm off tomorrow morning on my extended Ireland trip,first i am going to have a night in wetherspoons in AYR,then over thursday lunchtime,see you all in the pub on friday.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Have a safe journey up & over Gaz & see you soon
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

Thanks keith,and i will see you early friday mate.
Flintlock

Saturday Ride Out

Post by Flintlock »

Ok Folks - not long now

Just a wee final note on Saturdays ride out

08.00 am departure from the campsite sharp.

Remember to have a full tank of fuel before the off - according to google maps there is a filling station in Leitrim Village, about 1 mile from the campsite on the Main Street (R280). Total distance of Ride Out approximately 170 miles

Ride Out breakfast - can everyone ensure they have 10 Euros handy - this will make it easier to collect for payment

In the off chance someone gets detached from the main group (or turns up late), in addition to the breakfast stop in Glenefarne (I have put the time forward to around 9.30 - 10am to allow a stop en route), we will also have a leisurely stop at Glencar lough & Waterfall (a wee café here also) - I reckon this should be around 2 - 3pmish - you can aim for there. All other stops will be for a quick leg stretch/cig/photo etc

We will be using the drop off method - used on all our previous Rallies - so the regulars will know the drill - anyone not sure just ask - in any event Heff will be handing out a information leaflet which will include how it works

Hope everyone has an enjoyable time, see you all soon & have a safe journey here

Flintlock
Bryn

Re: Saturday Ride Out

Post by Bryn »

Flintlock wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:14 pm Ok Folks - not long now

Just a wee final note on Saturdays ride out

08.00 am departure from the campsite sharp.

Remember to have a full tank of fuel before the off - according to google maps there is a filling station in Leitrim Village, about 1 mile from the campsite on the Main Street (R280). Total distance of Ride Out approximately 170 miles

Ride Out breakfast - can everyone ensure they have 10 Euros handy - this will make it easier to collect for payment

In the off chance someone gets detached from the main group (or turns up late), in addition to the breakfast stop in Glenefarne (I have put the time forward to around 9.30 - 10am to allow a stop en route), we will also have a leisurely stop at Glencar lough & Waterfall (a wee café here also) - I reckon this should be around 2 - 3pmish - you can aim for there. All other stops will be for a quick leg stretch/cig/photo etc

We will be using the drop off method - used on all our previous Rallies - so the regulars will know the drill - anyone not sure just ask - in any event Heff will be handing out a information leaflet which will include how it works

Hope everyone has an enjoyable time, see you all soon & have a safe journey here

Flintlock
Looking forward to it :D

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”