Heads Up re ABR Ireland Rally 6-8 May 2022

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Heff

Heads Up re ABR Ireland Rally 6-8 May 2022

Post by Heff »

So after much deliberation, Flinty and myself have agreed to host the ABR Ireland Rally again for this year.

At this time, the venue is NOT confirmed but it will be held over this weekend.

Fri 6th - Sun 8th May 2022

A number of venues are available but we need to get an actual site visit done in the very near future, but there is a strong possibility it may be in Sligo.

Once things are confirmed I will post a new thread, but feel free to post your interest on here to give us an idea of possible attendees.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and hopefully quite a few new ones ;)

Maybe this Covid nonsense will be in a better place in May :?:
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
cozi70

Re: Heads Up re ABR Ireland Rally 6-8 May 2022

Post by cozi70 »

Sounds great.
Looking forward to the details.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

been a few years since I had a visit to the Isle if it can fit might make a run over but dont count me yet.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Nice one Heff.

Looks like there's going to be 6 of us from the ABR office coming over. Looking forward to it.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Cheers Heff - this has caught my eye, it been quite a few years since I´ve been over (I was on the beige beemer I think last time).

In fact I was only saying last year that I need a tidy run on the bike, so started looking at alternative routes up from Spain for 2022, and pretty much settled on the ´via Ireland´ option :? :lol: 8-) Landing in the south (via either Bilbao or Roscoff - not sure which yet) then up the west coast, round the north, then over to Wales (perhaps even via IoM).

I was thinking of this for June heading to the Festival - but now exploring possibilties of doing the 'up' bit at the start of May to take this in - popping back home for a few weeks by plane then back again for the Festival before doing the 'back down' bit.

Would love to make this work, so put me down as a definate possibile :D and I'll let you know if I can get my ducks in a row.

Cheers
Pat
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

nice one,a good few of us from the north west will be there.
Charlie_McCrea

Post by Charlie_McCrea »

Would be very interested

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Heff

Post by Heff »

Thanks guys for your positive replies.

Will make the full rally details known when available.

;)

Bump to the top 8-)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
deke62

Post by deke62 »

Hi Heff, be good to get this up and running again and Sligo sounds a good choice. Count me in.
Formerly Suzivstrom650 !
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Really looking forward to this now.

Just back from road testing Idris after much work, a 4 year layup, and in advance of the Spanish MOT (ITV) this week. New brakes took a bit of riding up and down the local industrial estate to start bedding in, but as soon as they did the smile got bigger. I kind of remembered that the tenere was full of fun and character, but I think I´d forgotton what that felt like... Its sooo different to the bikes I´ve been riding in recent years and I can´t wait to have it back on the road proper, especially with those new Ohlins bouncy bits on the front (the bum end is scheduled for upgrade in the autumn).

Still a few hurdles to go (the ITV, more admin, then some more admin... it is Spain after all), but fingers crossed that all happens as it should - allowing me to head off on 28th to cross Spain, ferry up, and ride around Ireland for a week before meeting up at the rally. Can´t believe its been 15 years since I was last in Macroom - that can´t be right... More importantly, I´ve spent little time in Connacht and Ulster over the years, so a great opportunity to explore more.

Tick tock...

Pat
Attachments
20220206_152441.jpg
20220206_152441.jpg (142.28 KiB) Viewed 2390 times

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”