ABR Festival 2021

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
SHarper

ABR Festival 2021

Post by SHarper »

Is this years festival a goer then?
If things are getting back to normal by the 21st of June, is the festival, scheduled for the 25th the first thing to look forward to?
Or
have I missed a memo and it’s already been kiboshed?
johnnyboxer

Re: ABR Festival 2021

Post by johnnyboxer »

Touch and go

The release dates may alter
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Alun

Post by Alun »

Everything is in place to host a memorable event and we are proceeding on the basis that the festival will be on.

The time margins are slim. Restrictions end 21st June, the Festival opens on 25th June but I’m going to work on the basis that we’re in for a fantastic weekend unless told we can’t go ahead by either Government, Local Council or the Venue. And that’s what it comes down to, all three have the authority to pull the plug.

We’re doing all we can in the background to make it happen, even lining up supplies of testing kits should they be a requirement.
Maximum drama, fingers crossed, it’s going to go down to the wire.

You probably know that the event is a 6000 ticket only sell out and what a place to be on the first weekend free of restrictions. On a personal note I can’t wait and considering re-naming the event The Burning Mask Festival complete with a symbolic fire pit.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Alun wrote:Everything is in place to host a memorable event and we are proceeding on the basis that the festival will be on.

The time margins are slim. Restrictions end 21st June, the Festival opens on 25th June but I’m going to work on the basis that we’re in for a fantastic weekend unless told we can’t go ahead by either Government, Local Council or the Venue. And that’s what it comes down to, all three have the authority to pull the plug.

We’re doing all we can in the background to make it happen, even lining up supplies of testing kits should they be a requirement.
Maximum drama, fingers crossed, it’s going to go down to the wire.

You probably know that the event is a 6000 ticket only sell out and what a place to be on the first weekend free of restrictions. On a personal note I can’t wait and considering re-naming the event The Burning Mask Festival complete with a symbolic fire pit.
Sounds great Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Once again the rules seem a bit confusing, but it seems outdoor events with up to 4,000 people can run from 17th May. This presumably means motorcycle rallies as well.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

If it happens it could be very messy in more ways than 1 :lol:
Sgt.Cupid

Post by Sgt.Cupid »

bikenav wrote:If it happens it could be very messy in more ways than 1 Image
Lol, I was thinking the same.
I've got me tickets so I'll be finding out first hand.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Alun wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 amOn a personal note I can’t wait and considering re-naming the event The Burning Mask Festival complete with a symbolic fire pit.
I’m surprised that any festivals are being allowed to go ahead by the government due to the potential of large numbers of people being in close proximity to others, add into the mix the possibility of alcohol and anything else being consumed, and any aspect of social distancing will go out the window, festivals are a perfect storm for Covid. I’d suggest that face masks should still be worn as there’s potential for people to be asymptomatic and capable of spreading the virus
Muddylearner

Post by Muddylearner »

Cant believe there’s a possibility of more tickets being issued WTF and your comment of burning of face very irresponsible they will be with us for a long time to
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

Muddylearner wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:11 pm Cant believe there’s a possibility of more tickets being issued WTF and your comment of burning of face very irresponsible they will be with us for a long time to
Welcome to the forum.
You sound like a ball of fun, I’m looking forward to your tales of crazy adventures.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”