Latest restrictions. Rallys

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
nickoff

Latest restrictions. Rallys

Post by nickoff »

Well unless I'm mistaken it looks like the Ecky Thump and possibly the Yule Tide rallys, get togethers, will have to be cancelled due to the governments latest announcement. I.E. no more than six people gathering in one location. Could they be relocated to Scotland/Wales?

Nick.
bikenav

Re: Latest restrictions. Rallys

Post by bikenav »

Unable to speak about Scotland but I suggest you dont make strong plans to come here in Wales, local lockdowns in place and likely escalating.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

bikenav wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:46 am Unable to speak about Scotland but I suggest you dont make strong plans to come here in Wales, local lockdowns in place and likely escalating.
Plus it's raining and we are going to close the bridges :evil: :D
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Agent Orange wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:28 pm
bikenav wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:46 am Unable to speak about Scotland but I suggest you dont make strong plans to come here in Wales, local lockdowns in place and likely escalating.
Plus it's raining and we are going to close the bridges :evil: :D
Good, will stop you contaminating us! :lol:
devon john

Post by devon john »

at this moment i am still in the proses of organising the Yule Tide rally ,,,,

i was going to restricted the numbers to 30 but now i think we just have to see whats happening in a month or so ,

the site owner is a good frend of mine and we talked today ,, as it stands at this moment we cant go ahead .

thing might change so i will keep everyone up to date ,,

john
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

With regard to the Ecky Thump rally, we shall see what transpires. I will keep it as is for the time being, we have a month to see if restrictions are loosened.
I will update accordingly but if necessary pull the plug within a week of the rally (unless 6 want meet up!)
Steve
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Its all gone tits, we've lost all our spring bookings at "Jax"Shack" and now the first 2 of autums booking have been forced to cancel :cry: the worlds gonna be a very differant place from now on.
devon john

Post by devon john »

Biquad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:28 pm With regard to the Ecky Thump rally, we shall see what transpires. I will keep it as is for the time being, we have a month to see if restrictions are loosened.
I will update accordingly but if necessary pull the plug within a week of the rally (unless 6 want meet up!)
Steve
same here Steve ,, with the yule tide planning ,,

hope things will sort by the end of the month ,, there more interested from thew riders club ,

take care Mario

john
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Our local bike meet at Old Buckenham in Norfolk on Tuesday night had well over 800 bikes so probably around 1000 people over the course of the evening. Huge area on the green so distancing was no problem. There is three or four outside catering stands,an outside bar and the pub entrance is blocked off with a table and staff bring the drinks to the table on ordering. There is talk of cancelling this but if each group that are together is no more than six is this interpreting the rules to suit yourselves or is it a real problem to carry on until it ends in about a months time? I don,t really fully understand the science but i certainly know that everything was being done by the pub and its staff and the general public to be safe and responsible. I see so much rule breaking going on around me and in the media and two wrongs certainly don,t make a right so it would be wrong to break the rules(or now the law) because others do. Hopefully common sense will prevail. Because of the number of bikes there has recently been a discreet small police presence,maybe they will step in and ask the event to be stopped in light of recent developments. A pub owner is hardly likely to do it as he has so much to loose if the event is cancelled. If the event is not cancelled human nature dictates the bikers will come. I will wait and see what happens next.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 am Its all gone tits, we've lost all our spring bookings at "Jax"Shack" and now the first 2 of autums booking have been forced to cancel :cry: the worlds gonna be a very differant place from now on.
Ain't that the truth Phil, I'm wondering if I'll ever get back to yours :cry:
one-legged adventurer

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”