Salisbury Plain Saturday 8th August 2020

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Re: Salisbury Plain Saturday 8th August 2020

Post by Tramp »

I would like to say and ask the limit is max 6 Inc me for safety and personal comfort.... So people really need to confirm 1 week before the ride out date.... That's to the not sure group lol... Obviously there are 3 definats at moment... Markiemark and the himalayan rider....
MarkieMark

Post by MarkieMark »

Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to make the 8th now.
My wife’s reminded me of something else I’ve already committed to.
The gpx route looks good though so I’m sad to be missing it.
Hopefully next time.
Mark.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Shame Markie! Ive just got a day pass for this ride aswell! So Russ if you're still game me and Smudger will be there. Funny enough i stayed at the Bruce Inn Pub at Pewsey when we were finishing the great Western Trail! (That seems to be near Burbage the start point) They have a camping field at the back for anyone staying over, oh and also some really nice scrumpy is on offer yummy!!!!!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Dibbs.... Yeh I'm still up for some fun and banter... Did you ride the fosse way as that was my back up plan along with a few tasty bits in around about sort of way...

here is the alternate ride out ...
day out fosse alternate.gpx
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

No I don't think we did! we'll be on the AT's so smudger will cry if its anything too gnarly lol..... :lol: :lol:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

dibbs wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am No I don't think we did! we'll be on the AT's so smudger will cry if its anything too gnarly lol..... :lol: :lol:

It ain't knarly unless we get lost and end up in glouster shire... Anyway he can hobble and you ride his bike across.... Their is a narrow w bridge to avoid the ford... 2 fat ladys should cross it no probs... I'll avoid the slippy mud this time as he obviously has problems with that..... Incoming sagging lol..
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Tramp wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:52 am
dibbs wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 am No I don't think we did! we'll be on the AT's so smudger will cry if its anything too gnarly lol..... :lol: :lol:

It ain't knarly unless we get lost and end up in glouster shire... Anyway he can hobble and you ride his bike across.... Their is a narrow w bridge to avoid the ford... 2 fat ladys should cross it no probs... I'll avoid the slippy mud this time as he obviously has problems with that..... Incoming sagging lol..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Update... I've just seen the spta live firing and activity updates and the plain is relatively quite with no major activity and no cadets due to covid 19....so....

We can all go and play in the dust on the plain as originally planned... Same meet point... If folks want to stop for lunch ie a sandwich on the plain I'm easy with that... Rather than riding on a full English lol...

Any questions ask away.. So far it's 4 riders..
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Lost boy...... I've sent you a pm message..
Danand

Post by Danand »

Hi

I am up for a run over the plain again on my AT and I am running Battlax AX41's these days so tyres not an issue.

I am coming up from Southampton if you want to meet up early and ride up together?

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”