Yuletide 2020

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
AdventureDisco

Yuletide 2020

Post by AdventureDisco »

Hi all, is it too early to ask about Yuletide Rally for this winter? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Sheepdip Rally in September and really hope to go to the Yuletide in December.
Thankfully I did manage to get a camping weekend in March at the Malvern Rally which was enjoyable as always.
Cheers, Dave
devon john

Re: Yuletide 2020

Post by devon john »

at this moment there no plan on the YuleTide as with the way this virus is affecting everything ,

unless this is under control i dont think we could run the rally as social distancing would be a problem ,

and me being the main organiser has a duty of care ,,

letts see what happens in the next few weeks ,i will keep everyone informed as to if its a runner or no

john
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

noted John--but put me down please if it goes ahead--I quite understand the situation--ideally we need a working vaccine and until then it will be iffy and solo trips and wild camping are the order of the day.
devon john

Post by devon john »

i have a posable camping site ,,but no bunkhouse accommodation,,

i will be talking to the owner in the next few days

as the site we normally use would be a problem with social distance,, unless things change

watch this space

john
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Hi John, Hope it happens , but realise like everything at the moment it will be a difficult decision. Still waiting to see if the Elefant will happen , again going to be a last minute go/no go.
devon john

Post by devon john »

ChrisA wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm Hi John, Hope it happens , but realise like everything at the moment it will be a difficult decision. Still waiting to see if the Elefant will happen , again going to be a last minute go/no go.
not easy to predict anything this year ,, but we might just have 6 in a group ,,, if all else fails

john
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

happy to turn up as a "solo" camper if that helps--I guess as long as we don't advertise it as a group gathering and treat it as a normal campsite that is still open for business.
devon john

Post by devon john »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm happy to turn up as a "solo" camper if that helps--I guess as long as we don't advertise it as a group gathering and treat it as a normal campsite that is still open for business.
not correct there Chris ,,, its been advertised here as an event ,, so i would be liable as the organiser

i am not prepared to put myself in that position ,

but it a couple of months away so there still might be a chance ,,

john
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

noted--and I agree--lets see how the wind blows.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”