No Clue 2: Salisbury Plain / October

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Kiteboy

Re: No Clue 2: Salisbury Plain / October

Post by Kiteboy »

If the bike and myself are in one piece still after my nxt trip out with tramp I could be up for this...
bumblebeemer

Post by bumblebeemer »

Yes please. Will probably be looking to stay in a B & B the Friday and Saturday night as Salisbury Plain is 3 hours from my house !
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Tramp wrote:Just my thoughts...

for safety sake I`d say knobblies only..as you can be riding along nice at 30mph in the gravel and you find some wiltshire chalk/clay..and down you go with no warning..

Also for group safety you could hold others up, wadling like duck...I know its happened before :whistle: ..not saying you`ll have very dry weather or a week before then it`ll be okay..

but its up to the guy in charge and your own views..have fun and enjoy the moment.
I'm gonna take heed and listen to the voice of experience (just how my brickie tutor used to tell me!).

With Russ' advice coupled with the fact that my shock feels like it needs some attention I'm gonna drop out already.

Sorry to bugger you about this time mr FreeMarket, I'll wait till next years dry season and get my shock sorted.
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
davsato

Post by davsato »

id be up for this but i still have good tyres on (trail attacks) and dont have £200 for a pair of TKCs and to get them swapped over twice, so im out till the summer :(
Dave
Tomsdad

Post by Tomsdad »

[quote="Mr Free Market" post=66620

For now, let’s target Saturday 15 October. I don’t think that that say clashes with anything else but the one caveat I would add is that we will just need to check what the Army is up to that day & how much of SPTA will be open. That info isn’t published for a while but for now lets shoot for the 15th & take it from there

[/quote]

You picked a good weekend Mr Free Market....no Red Flags on the Larkhill,Westdown and the Bulford Ranges.....enjoy.
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Tomsdad wrote:[quote="Mr Free Market" post=66620

For now, let’s target Saturday 15 October. I don’t think that that say clashes with anything else but the one caveat I would add is that we will just need to check what the Army is up to that day & how much of SPTA will be open. That info isn’t published for a while but for now lets shoot for the 15th & take it from there
You picked a good weekend Mr Free Market....no Red Flags on the Larkhill,Westdown and the Bulford Ranges.....enjoy.[/quote]

I haven't checked the range details for October ..... but go & do that now!
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Domsday

Post by Domsday »

Anybody got any recommendations for a B&B or cheap hotel nearby?
KTM '08 990 Adventure

KTM '03 450 EXC
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Just checked ....

Larkhill Ranges. Rights of way through Larkhill Ranges are closed when red flags are flying.
No firing is planned for: 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 29th, 30th October

Note. During range fires access may be denied (risk of unexploded ordnance “cooking off”).

Bulford Ranges. Rights of way through Bulford Ranges are closed when red flags are flying. No firing is planned for: 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 29th, 30th October.

Its looking good ! B)
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Domsday wrote:Anybody got any recommendations for a B&B or cheap hotel nearby?
Search B&Bs Pewsey. That should give you a few
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

put me down as a good possability..as long as the bikes in one piece I`m in have to see someone fall off and get the pics to prove it :whistle: :P .

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”