A Day on the Peak District Trails?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Lairyskippy

Re: A Day on the Peak District Trails?

Post by Lairyskippy »

Ever the optimist me :P .....I've done about half of them before, usually with just one other mate or a small group of three or four.

I agree there's no way to do all of them but if we come across anything that is closed or just too difficult we then have the option of detouring (chickening out?).....I'm not know as the Chairman of the Trail Dodgers Club for nothing :laugh:

By the way, if anyone wants the Garmin file I can email it over, it should open up in google earth too I suppose?
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Cool, I'm coming from Halifax and can't camp the night before as I'm dog sitting so an early start to get there for 09:00 but I'm going to get some beers in for when I get home as I'm off on Monday as well, so all in all a mint day planned.

I'll do the video editting on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully get some good footage of you lot to play with.
:)
It's a fine balance between enough fuel for a 270 mile run (full tank if 140 miles is off road) and trying to keep the weight down. I need to leave room for camera gear and sandwiches and a flask in the top box. :)

It's been ages since I've been off road, really looking forward to it...a little concerned my TKC80's are going to be useless as they are worn down so much but this hopefully will be better than my attempts two years ago to keep up with the west yorkshire TRF on their little 350 and 250 KTM's.

I don't smoke anymore either so hopefully will not lose my breath so easily.

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Snowdog wrote:Cool, I'm coming from Halifax and can't camp the night before as I'm dog sitting so an early start to get there for 09:00 but I'm going to get some beers in for when I get home as I'm off on Monday as well, so all in all a mint day planned.

I'll do the video editting on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully get some good footage of you lot to play with.
It's a fine balance between enough fuel for a 270 mile run (full tank if 140 miles is off road) and trying to keep the weight down. I need to leave room for camera gear and sandwiches and a flask in the top box. :)

It's been ages since I've been off road, really looking forward to it...a little concerned my TKC80's are going to be useless as they are worn down so much but this hopefully will be better than my attempts two years ago to keep up with the west yorkshire TRF on their little 350 and 250 KTM's.

I don't smoke anymore either so hopefully will not lose my breath so easily.
Sounds good to me mate, we'll just take it as it comes. My tank is so small I'll probably need a fill up at some point anyway......getting quite excited now (like a kid at Xmas!)
If I export the file to a .gpx format and email it over will that be of any use?
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Yeah I'm also like a kid at Xmas, my wife takes the p*ss and probably is justified. :)
that'd be ace, I think I can convert that to KML or KMZ or something that google maps can understand....actually I've never even tried to import waypoints into my phone (it's my GPS as well) so could be interesting.

The guys from the WYTRF were taking the p*ss saying "It'll be nice to have a supertanker along in case we run out of fuel" so just bring a siphone tube and I can always refuel your 400 from the 35 litre tanker of a GSA. :)

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

This is the route I normally do through the Peaks. Takes a day and all possible on big trail bikes. (ive done it on an Africa Twin and KTM 950)

All the trails on this route were open 2 months ago (bar Chapel Gate, second to last trail).

Peaks.gpx
(6.42 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Snowdog wrote:Yeah I'm also like a kid at Xmas, my wife takes the p*ss and probably is justified. :)
that'd be ace, I think I can convert that to KML or KMZ or something that google maps can understand....actually I've never even tried to import waypoints into my phone (it's my GPS as well) so could be interesting.

The guys from the WYTRF were taking the p*ss saying "It'll be nice to have a supertanker along in case we run out of fuel" so just bring a siphone tube and I can always refuel your 400 from the 35 litre tanker of a GSA. :)
Good thinking......you could probably bring a stove and some ration packs in case we get hungry:laugh:
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

beddowsm wrote:This is the route I normally do through the Peaks. Takes a day and all possible on big trail bikes. (ive done it on an Africa Twin and KTM 950)

All the trails on this route were open 2 months ago (bar Chapel Gate, second to last trail).

Peaks.gpx
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I've got a 990 as well so these routes could be worth a go at some point ;)
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

Lairyskippy wrote:
beddowsm wrote:This is the route I normally do through the Peaks. Takes a day and all possible on big trail bikes. (ive done it on an Africa Twin and KTM 950)

Peaks.gpx
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I've got a 990 as well so these routes could be worth a go at some point ;)
Wo wo wo you've got a 990 and your coming on a 400. What is the world coming too
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

KTMBLAG wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote:

Peaks.gpx
Wo wo wo you've got a 990 and your coming on a 400. What is the world coming too
When you see my complete lack of riding ability you'll know why :woohoo:
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

Learn on the 990 that will make the 400 childs play ha ha

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”