salisbury plain-september

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

salisbury plain-september

Post by Tramp »

Right guys..

this will be the last ride out on the plain before winter so make the most of the dry sunny conditions..I`ll cover most of the plain on a day ride out-saturday only.

Dates to be last weekend of September 1st weekend in October depends on plain manovers etc..

Max 8 bikes please and big bikes only with sutable tyres please..
davies

Re: salisbury plain-september

Post by davies »

i will be up for this tramp if you think my tiger will get me around with some knobbly's on!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yeh the tiger will be fine...with some knobby Type tyres on..similar to what we did at the weekend with some grassy bits but even a Gs1150 could manage them..

good to see you again.

okay guys..How about we make this a camping weekend to give some of you from further away a better chance..say meet up friday evening and sat out playing and sunday am depart..

Usual pub/campsite
http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/

£4.00 a night and toilets with good pub grub and beer also rather layed back landlord..

what say you all..

Right checked my Biker dairy and its the weekend 30th Fri september to sunday 2nd October..as I1m busy all september "family hols"
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Can you count me in please?

I promise to change my tyres, even if they do still have a whole 2mm good meat left on ;)

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

hi ACP..

2mm left thats getting down to the puncture territory zone..:evil: :evil: okay for the summer roads but winter and stoney trails is asking for punctures.

And your in..promise a good varied ride out
royle100

Post by royle100 »

Hi Tramp

Keen to join (as long as I can get sign off on the home front!). Coming from Kent so will need to do the camping bit. Does that need booking beforehand?

cheers
Tony
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."....Easy Rider

Post by Guest »

Tramp wrote:
okay guys..How about we make this a camping weekend to give some of you from further away a better chance..say meet up friday evening and sat out playing and sunday am depart..

Usual pub/campsite
http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/

£4.00 a night and toilets with good pub grub and beer also rather layed back landlord..

Just been camping there with lots of Tigers and the landlord, Peter, told me that he's retiring in 6 weeks. He was hopeful that any new guy would continue with the camping part of things. Being a Wadworths tied house he didn't know who would get the job. So it might be wise to check closer to your date.
Some photos of the pub and camping on here... http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=240
Tramp

Re: salisbury plain-september/October weekend

Post by Tramp »

Hi Royle100..

during the later part of september we can book the site..if the swan is not doing camping I`ll find something else..

cheers for the reminder Blacktiger..sure Peter said he didnt retier till next year? well never mind I`ll call the new guy in september to see what the state of play is..

sofar:

Tramp
Davies
Desert storm
Kiteboy
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

Russ, can you put me down as a 'maybe' ?
If places fill up, then i'll stand down as i won't know about work until nearer the time.
Cheers, Gary
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
SIF

Post by SIF »

If Royle 100 is up for it, so am I. There is a very bike friendly campsite just south of Stonehenge if you need one.:)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”