Wilts mini meet report

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Wilts mini meet report

Post by Tramp »

hi guys..

well to start off thanks to those that came and also to the yamaha xtz boys for the amusing pub talk and alround greatness :P :P .

Just got home after spending the afternoon exploring salisbury plain on my own loaded up and boy was it fun 30c and dry and muddy too..yes Herman I survived the sodden valley just.

We meet up on the friday to be greeted by light rain which then lasted till the early ours of the next day :angry: :angry: so the trails were well mud baths..First we had breakfast at the cafe near Burbage where we meet up with Craigrevo and "will" off of honda Xrv site..after a good breakfast it was out into the wet wiltshire trails.

We started out with a short trip through west wood south of Marlborough and survived a few close calls in the lower sections... then to the Ridge way . well first bit down I went back tyre fell off the middle ridge and I couldn`t stand up it was so muddy...then Paul-s went down at the rear same reason.

Then up the ridge past the "new age travellers" and the rutted section well a few low speed falls and me falling over due to looking around for people-my excuse okay:whistle:

Then we headed down and well we slipt most of the way as the tyres were clogged up but once on the road we hit the plain at Tidworth and all was much better after stopping to fix Bedddows KTM ...few stops actually as the mud broke his front mudguard..should have brought the Honda xrv..:P :P . after a few hours messing with the wardens and water features..yes craig we know you like water.

Then down across the green lane by stonehenge to salisbury and the old shaftesbury drove which we all enjoyed with the little jumps and water features..yes it had rained , up zigzaghill and across the top near Tollard royal where we had a play in the water much to everyones laughter and taking in the excellent views now the sun was out..

Then paul-s split back to the camp as he didnt fancy the infamous ox drove..good call mate and well done on your efforts offroad as a novice ..K60 fronts dont like the mud but excell in the gravel and light stuff upon the plain..

We then hit the ox drove across to salisbury well the best fun of the day but not before we had a discussion on how far the nearest fuel station was...next time fuel up when I do :P :P ..and KTm electrics dont like mud ..;) ;) .

Then back to the pub for a good evening with the xtz boys ..

so great weekend end and many new friends made and we even went places the yamahas didnt so "Honda rules":woohoo: ..

Pics to follow from Redbikerjohn and me when I`ve cleaned and bolted the bike back together..bring on the southern boil.
herman

Re: Wilts mini meet report

Post by herman »

Sounds like we were following each other around today. There was some very slippery chalk and deeeeep water in places. Glad you had a good weekend. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

Tramp wrote: ..and we even went places the yamahas didnt ..
Ah, but you didn't find the 'tyre-change' barn - very handy place to avoid the rain while mending punctures (how many Yamaha owners does it take to fix a flat ? :whistle: )
Salisbury Plain 2011 006.jpg
Salisbury Plain 2011 006.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
Good to meet you guys too- i had an 'interesting' ride home with no front brake :woohoo: but made it eventually.
Looking forward to the next one.
Gary
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
herman

Post by herman »

desert storm wrote:
Tramp wrote: ..and we even went places the yamahas didnt ..
Ah, but you didn't find the 'tyre-change' barn - very handy place to avoid the rain while mending punctures (how many Yamaha owners does it take to fix a flat ? :whistle: )
Salisbury Plain 2011 006.jpg
Good to meet you guys too- i had an 'interesting' ride home with no front brake :woohoo: but made it eventually.
Looking forward to the next one.
Gary
Do you have white panniers sir? if so you were spotted,by us, in Salisbury today in our plain white van. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
old boots

Post by old boots »

A great weekend. Good base, lovely beer and food loads of space and peace and quiet, well on the Friday night anyway.

Ride on Friday afternoon was great, bit slippery over the chalk to say the least. Saturday was good, loads of ground covered.
Thanks to Andy for all his professional expertise and advice. Top man.

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb27 ... ne%202011/

Old boots
Pathfinder

"Primi Hastati"

Will

Post by Will »

Cheers Tramp thanks for excellent day and had good ride home :woohoo:
Bsa A10
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Thanks for organising this Russ, had a great time. And theres nowt wrong with my KTM!!!! Even managed approx 50mpg on the 185 mile ride home today!!!!

I didnt take any photos as I forgot my camera so looking forward to seeing what others took.

Great trails, great camping and good group of people. Good to see some old face's and nice to meet some new ones as well.

Until the next time...
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Cool :)

looking forwards to the pictures

Louis
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Cheers Harry..
for those great pictures very moody and the "four riders of the appocolypse"..

Welcome Will..glad you had a great time now for the "official bbrr sticker" you erned it mate.

Mike is that your maths playing up again ...50mpg my *** if so it likes the sunny weather.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Thanks Russ - great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice to meet some new faces.

Thanks to all those that helped me on the trails and kept an eye on me.

Sorry I didn't bid you farewell when I split from the group I thought you might be coming back to the campsite - Nice to meet you both (Crairevo & Will).

I'll give the memory stick to Mike, to upload any photo's that you might want to see.

Till next time

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”