Pembrey airport camping weekend........

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
big al

Pembrey airport camping weekend........

Post by big al »

Been poping back and fourth to the airport for some time now and eating in Amelia restaurant on site, so a proposal to all you adventurers.
Fancy a weekend camping on the old RAF base in Pembrey Carmarthenshire sometimes this year?
We can eat at the restaurant, or possibly a barby on the Friday/Saturday night with music. Possible live or disco/karaoke which Emma and her partner will stay open for us all weekend. there's a licensed bar and clean toilets and a large dining area and lounge room where we can chill out.
There will be local rideouts, road and possibly offroad on the Saturday. This is an active airport with military aircraft visiting nearly every day. Pembrey Circuit is about half a mile from the airport for you speed fan's.
If this weekend takes place its looking like June/August, or if a few of us just fancy a weekend away sharing a beer around a campfire and watching the world go by then that's possible too.
The Ravens aerobatic display team will be there from the 4th April onwards practicing their routine every other weekend until the end of September, so we can have our very own small airshow.http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://ra ... vgjx1-http://
www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.tripa ... v2k4ZSVKBg
Please let me know if you're interested in this weekend and I'll organise this with the relevant people.
Al
skinny

Re: Pembrey airport camping weekend........

Post by skinny »

Yes interested, can we be a bit more exact on dates? Lot going on but sounds like a great idea, is there beer involved? ;-) :-)
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Nice place :) , I,d be interested if the dates are right for work !
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That sounds awesome. Please pick a date and I'll let you know if I can attend :)

Also there is a huge Castle nearby (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
jimmyshin

Post by jimmyshin »

Sounds great, I'd be interested (depending on dates of course ;) )

Cheers
desmo666

Post by desmo666 »

count me in too, thanks for all the hard work
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

Al, down at Pembray next weekend in the T5. There all bank holiday weekend staying at Pembray Park, with the toboggan run. And there WILL be beer and Rum to be seen off.
As the rest say pick a date, am very busy all year and have the WWW in my diary with the Friday off to get there early and set up.
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

I'm interested
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
big al

Post by big al »

Thanks for all the interest chaps, and yes there will be beer there and they have an alcohol license (thumbs) to permit such beverages on and off the premises.
There is also a hard standing to park the bikes on which is about 3/5 meters away.
And if any of you are into stargazing there is virtually no light pollution whatsoever (thumbs) (depends on how much beer you have) :whistle: .
I will find outthe dates and post up on this thread.
Thanks again for all the interest.
Agent Orange, may see you down there and help you finish off the bottle of rum :whistle: again (thumbs)
Al
bimota

Post by bimota »

hi al,
i would to only down the road from Bridgend.

cheers

Rob

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”