North Cape of Norway via Arctic Coast Highway - Summer 2015

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Capt. Sensible

Re: North Cape of Norway via Arctic Coast Highway - Summer 2015

Post by Capt. Sensible »

If the DFDS route works out then that would be fantastic! The office person who emailed me (after I prompted them twice) was very offhand about the whole thing and really didn't seem to care about non-freight customers.

A possible Plan B would be the Harwich to Hook of Holland overnight ferry that departs Thursdays at 2300, arriving HoH at 1000 on day 1.

From there we could ride to Hirtshals (arr early day 2, overnight camp), Copenhagen (arr late day 2, overnight camp) or Kiel (arr late day 1). There are ferries to Oslo from both Copenhagen and Kiel but they are pricey: around Euros 350 return.

From Hirtshals there is an 0900 ferry to Langes (100km SW of Oslo), that arrives at 1330 on day 3, slightly ahead of Si's original plan. Personally, if DFDS doesn't work out, then I favour the Hirtshals option but I'll go with the flow.

:)
Ricky wrote:I have been given a contact name at Immingham DFDS depot so I have have dropped him an email to see what the possible options are to use the freight route to Brevik (Norway) or Gothenburg, there is a possibility if the freight bookings are light then we would be allowed to travel.

Fingers crossed (thumbs)

I will keep you posted
Ricky

Re: North Cape of Norway via Arctic Coast Highway - Summer 2015

Post by Ricky »

Hirtshals looks like a good option and a very good price (thumbs)

http://www.aferry.co.uk/AccomsFlexi?sid ... e7acdc25e6

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”