North Wales meet October 10/11/12

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
kito

Re: North Wales meet October 10/11/12

Post by kito »

Thanks
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

I wouldn't mind leading if your struggling Mike, I've just never done that area before so I wouldn't know what to expect!
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

KtmRy wrote:I wouldn't mind leading if your struggling Mike, I've just never done that area before so I wouldn't know what to expect!
Cheers pal, I'd walk you through the route. I know all the trails very well. All easy. All you need to do is follow a route.
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Doing the route isn't a problem at all or reading a map I just prefer the gps so if you marked it up on a map and could either post it me or even a clear enough picture via email would do then I can put it to gpx, the only thing is I wouldn't want to miss out on the enduro ride because I prefer the challenging stuff just bearing in mind I'm on the 690 like, as to the big bike territory but give me a bell whenever and we can sort something if need be
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

KtmRy wrote:Doing the route isn't a problem at all or reading a map I just prefer the gps so if you marked it up on a map and could either post it me or even a clear enough picture via email would do then I can put it to gpx, the only thing is I wouldn't want to miss out on the enduro ride because I prefer the challenging stuff just bearing in mind I'm on the 690 like, as to the big bike territory but give me a bell whenever and we can sort something if need be
Ill knock a GPX route together at some point. The only real enduro type trail is Bwlych y groes. I would not advise this on a 690. We struggled on 450's But if you wanted to have a go theres no harm trying. Think we spent 5 hours (min) doing the trail in both directions (that's only 5 miles total, we could have walked it quicker).
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Think we are nearly there with payments now.

Kito, as discussed Ill collect your cash when you pop round to get those maps marked up, and Tenere Mart...same for you. Give me cash next time you pop round. Im going to settle the balance shortly for the bunkhouse so will cover you until then (so don't dropout now, otherwise Ill still need the cash or will be out of pocket).
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

1 space has become available. If you want it let me know. £29 for 2 nights bunkhouse.
nothingtosee

Post by nothingtosee »

A mate of mine would like the last place if its still available please? PM sent.

Thanks, James
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

nothingtosee wrote:A mate of mine would like the last place if its still available please? PM sent.

Thanks, James
Place gone to James mate.

Reserve list is empty if there are still any interested. Dropouts can occur at any point.
KTMChris

Post by KTMChris »

beddowsm wrote:
tea007 wrote:What map numbers are wee going to be using
Quantity
thanks Tea, Ill get them over to you when Ive checked. Just one copy will be fine for whichever lucky person is still to volunteer to lead the second group. We will have 2 groups heading out. worked OK with 2 large groups of 10 and 8 last time. Unless there are more volunteers wanting to lead.

Also, depends on what people want to do. All trails in the area are suitable for bigger bikes. But if theres any enduros that want a hard trail that will take a min of 2 hours in 1 direction then Id suggest a max group size of 4. So the options there.........
If needed I will lead a group

If you let me know the map No's and grid ref's of the route then can sort some maps out and add them to the GPS

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”