Dragon Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
devon john

Re: Dragon Rally

Post by devon john »

devon john wrote:good to meet you Apophis and dear old ChrisA , great company in very damp conditions!!!
i enjoyed the ride back , we decided to go down the Wye valley (very flooded) and over the old bridge but it was closed through the weather conditions.

see you all at the Malvern hills camping weekend

john
i must add too this the ride up was eventful!! had a blow out in the middle of the Severn bridge i nearly lost it :woohoo:
we had to remove most of my luggage to get toi the tools and then remove the back wheel.
i was carrying a spair inner tube and had a air pump with me.
replaced the tube packed upo and on are way.
thank god it was Friday as it was sunny and no wind.
and of course Marko was with us all weekend one of the team now (thumbs)
john
Apophis

Post by Apophis »

devon john wrote:good to meet you Apophis and dear old ChrisA , great company in very damp conditions!!!

john
John thanks for the Curry it was awesome made me glad some didn't turn Up (thumbs)
Every day is an adventure
Scanlan

Post by Scanlan »

I was up on one of the upper level ones (yellow signs I think). We spent most of the day in the pub as it was drier than the fields! Anybody else see the fight just in front of the band? Never seen a fight at the Dragon before.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Me and some mates were camped in the "Blue" area, I was on the silver/black 950 KTM, first Dragon.
Twas a pity it was so spread out though and as for the pub running out of Ale and Cider! I was in bed by 10:30, felt like right old man :unsure:

Steve
JimR

Post by JimR »

The Fight started right in front of me, but seemed to start from nothing and end in seconds, I have encountered one of the participants in the Pont-y-Pair in Betwys before. A large individual, who seems to be unable to handle beer.
I took steps, large ones, in case it got out of hand.
markyt

Post by markyt »

My first one and i enjoyed it. crap weather but hey ho. Good night in the bar on the Friday :whistle: early night on the saturday for an early ride back Sunday. Good to meet new people and a few ABRers. my new tent was sturdy in the wind so was chuffed to bits. My exped mat however was punctured so ended in the bin not a good weekend for sleep. :S

Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Godspeed wrote:I was in the field beyond the pic above with the MT guys. I was the one with the big moustache...I did get some
Sleep but the wind kept slapping the tent in my face and kept waking up thinking my tent had blown away!!

Only bummer was getting home and finding my dad had a stroke! :(
Sorry to hear that, how is he?
paramart

Post by paramart »

godspeed sorry to hear your bad news hope he,s ok, how many mt lads turned up, would have been with ellrider and co if i,d got my plaster off my hand, craig will have to make it next yr now
laine

Post by laine »

Hi Godspeed
I meet yop at the OK dinner on the way back. hope your old man is ok.
laine

Post by laine »

another great rally. the site I was not so sure about the site although it was great for the conditions it made it very hard to meet up. Although I did met one of the MT guys who i had't seen since the 86 dragon rally. how random is that. :woohoo:

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”