Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
brianswm

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by brianswm »

well done steve. great event. do something about the weather next time please. already booked next years leave. cheers.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Great weekend despite the rain.
Attachments
Fire pit.
Fire pit.
20221001_224213.jpg (153.73 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
devon john

Post by devon john »

Biquad wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:48 pm Great weekend despite the rain.
just a little rain ,,most of the weekend we sunny ,,,,

cups haft full :D :D :D

good feed back on the Harley riders web site
Hogfish T400

Post by Hogfish T400 »

Thank's for another great Ecky Thump rally Steve (mario) we really enjoyed it.
The new venue at Goathland is fantastic & perfect for this rally.
Look forward to seeing you all in Goathland next time.

Thank's again Steve, well done mate.

Nev & Lisa
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

A Big Thankyou to all who attended.
I know that some of you travelled some distance to get there, despite the weather.

Some 8 of us were at the site for the Thursday evening and had access to the Hub but no on site bar or catering. We had to make our own arrangements (read send Big John to Whitby for fish'n chips!), before going to the pub.
Friday morning saw the local ladies having a coffee / tea and cake / Tombola morning in the hall, which we gladly attended and gave cash to.
When they were clearing up it was suggested that we keep the leftover cakes and negotiated £30 for the lot :D
They raised some £715 for their charity.
Friday afternoon was a bit of a washout but stalwarts still arrived if a little moist! But we had the hall and fantastic toilets and showers, the bar inside was opened early for us at about 4 .00pm. The rain continued until about 7.00pm, by which time the catering van run by the lovely Vicky arrived and a very tasty Steak pie, peas, chips and gravy (£7.50) consumed by many to great reviews. I lit the fire pit about the same time as the rain had stopped and joined in the drinking until stupid o clock!
Saturday morning saw the sunshine out and a full English breakfast from the van, Bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, toast and a mug of tea for £5. People did their own thing during the day, whether biking, walking or taking the train into Whitby.
The evening saw a meal of curry / chips/ popodoms and relishes, and the bar open again.....and another late evening.
By the time I got up on the Sunday morning quite a few had already set off homeward. I had a good clean around and can say the site was spotless by the time I was last to leave.

Our expenses were :- £80 for cleaning of the Hub facilities. £60 for the wood. £30 donation for the cakes.
I collected £10 per tent per night for camping.
I was able to Donate £265 to the Hub for letting us use the Building and £265 to Air Ambulance

I had the Fire pit made but have left that for the Hub to use, along with the leftover un burnt firewood.
Vicky did a great job of catering for us, even doing some Vegan food, She has got all of the builders buckets that we used for rubbish.

I hope that during the weekend I managed to speak to everyone who attended and got the impression the it was a great place to have a meet, therefore i have booked the same place and Vicky for catering for next year, 28th Sept to 1st Oct, tell your mates and put it in your diary.

Many Thanks Steve (AKA Mario)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

I've been feeling a bit shitty for the last couple of days so tested myself this morning which came out positive. Can only assume I picked it up at the rally. Just be aware folks.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Cheers guys
Cheers guys
20221012_163005.jpg (56.03 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
Many thanks to those who attended

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”