Crappiest adverts

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
daveuprite

Crappiest adverts

Post by daveuprite »

New thread? Personally when I advertise a bike, I sort out any problems with the bike that I know of, I clean the hell out of it and I photograph it really well from all angles. I then write an essay about it so that there's pretty much no questions left in the mind of a potential buyer. Other people do it differently....

Show us the worst adverts for bikes you've seen recently.

Here's a photo I came across this morning... :lol:

mark vb

Re: Crappiest adverts

Post by mark vb »

Millenium M/C's have an ad on-line for a lovely, 196-mile XT500 at around £13k (no wonder it's still for sale). The half dozen or so photos are all of one side of the bike, 3 pics are of the engine from the same angle, and one pic is of the seat of a scooter.... not too impressive!
Attachments
Screenshot_20210508-095554_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-095554_Samsung Internet.jpg (47.18 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
simonw

Post by simonw »

To extend this out a little, I'd like to just offload one of my pet hates: online listings/adverts for things, which have crucial information missing. For example: "Chest of drawers (usually there's then some gushy marketing spiel). Material: white gloss. Drawers: 4. Length: 1300mm Height: 1000mm." And? Where's the missing, but crucial, 3rd dimension? Or "M10 bolts, galvanised, without nuts. £1.10 ea." :x
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

'For Sale. Two pairs of trousers. Will split.'
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

I once bought a hayabusa. Gumtree special.
No pictures and the description was almost as much Info as the title,along these lines.
"2003 suzuki hayabusa gsxr1300r, good condition, needs tidied, has oil leak"
It was only up about 25 minutes and local so I called and he eventually answered after about 6 attempts.
Anywho, I was able to to get there first to find a bike that looked in a sorry state.
No mot.
Flat battery.
Both side fairings removed and overall the bike was very dirty, and weirdly the bike was covered in stickers of playing cards and semi dressed lady's 🙄.
Priced cheap enough so I bought it on the assurance it ran perfect, which it did, and started removing the multitude of cheap stickers and sourcing the oil leak.
General consensus eventually pointed to a leaking output shaft seal, which really requires a complete engine split but holeshot racing informed me of an easier external repair, which I eventually also didn't need.
Transpired the black dripping liquid was hot grease from inside the front sprocket cover. I don't know what chain lube this dude has had used over the years but he'd used plenty.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

There's lots of these about on french facebook marketplace. It's the 'Can't even be bothered to wheel it out of the garage, let alone clean it' shot. If they can't be arsed, why should I be bothered to go and look at it? Amazing.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Snot nose sound

"Pah!"

Gallic shrug...walks off
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm Snot nose sound

"Pah!"

Gallic shrug...walks off
:lol: Well yeah, that certainly does exist. Come across it quite a lot, and I've actually kind of grown to like it a bit. Tracie picks me up on it everytime I do a boff shrug myself, and I do it more and more often...

But there is also a french bike seller called 'le maniaque' - who is manically obsessed with service schedules, toothbrush cleaning of components, optimates and heated garages. Obviously you really want to buy from that guy.

What is almost universally true is that almost nobody knows how to photograph their bike. They take pics from above, from the front, from the rear. from a distance, in a group with their mates.... What I want to see above all is a good sharp large pic of each side, before anything else. If people pick out a scratch/dent in their description and then include a close up pic of it too, I love them and want to have their babies.
Katanamak

Post by Katanamak »

Got to be the ones where the seller states that the item doesn’t fit. May quote the actual size ( but often not) but They then forget to say what size they are in respect to the fit so you are left to buy something that probably won’t fit you. Knobbers

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”