Auction

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Tonibe63

Re: Auction

Post by Tonibe63 »

Back to the thread:-
There is a bike I would be interested in but at it's current price it 'has done the money' by the time you add the 22% buyers commission and the VAT.
We did buy a 125 Vanvan for my Wife from George Whites auction many years ago and after 5 years use we got nearly all the money back.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:24 am Back to the thread:-
There is a bike I would be interested in but at it's current price it 'has done the money' by the time you add the 22% buyers commission and the VAT.
We did buy a 125 Vanvan for my Wife from George Whites auction many years ago and after 5 years use we got nearly all the money back.
There is not VAT on everything, helmets for example. Second hand non commercial vehicles can be sold at auction with full VAT added or margin VAT included so it's worth checking with the auctioneer.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

big bike dealerships seem soulless places to me somewhere I really do not feel comfortable, as a genuine bike enthusiast surely that is a strange phenomenon, like being in a church almost I just do not belong. On the other hand a mate has a small garage both bikes and cars, there you can not touch anything without getting oily, half the "customers" are just passing by and stopped to say ello, and I might be on my knees shoving a spindle through a back wheel of a strangers bike. He is retireing in a few weeks time perhaps replaced by a bargain booze or something, good luck to him, the place will be missed by many. Shit I am taking like an Old Bloke, need some Sun perhaps.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

True. And I think that attitude is responsible for the decline in motorcycle sales.

When I managed a Honda dealership, it was very close to a bus stop. Always had a new moped in the window with 'ride away for £99' or whatever on it. They type of person who would go for that deal would not go to an out-of-town trading estate and walk into a chrome and glass showroom.

Similarly, how man kids used to press their noses agains the window at say, Huxhams in Poole, then save their pennies and walk in to buy an AP50 or the like?

Thousands of them!

In an attempt to cheer up the declining city centre in Gloucester, the city council got a private collector to put a display of motorbikes in one of the empty shop windows. There was a five-deep crowd outside it every Saturday. But all the real motorcycle dealers were tucked away on industrial estates. You could only get there if you went there.

How many more people would become motorcyclists if they could see you could buy a decent little ride-to-work bike from Lexmoto for buttons, or a new Royal Enfield 650 for under £6k? The only way they'll find out is if you stick the product under their noses.

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”