Van Wanted!

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
SteveWat

Van Wanted!

Post by SteveWat »

Hi,
I’m after a van.
Medium/High Roof.....Required for getting Enduro/Adventure Bike in back.
Ideally under 50K miles. I don’t want to pay vat, as I’m not registered for vat.
Flexible as to Make/Model/colour
Decent price paid for the right Van......I’d consider a race van/Stealth camper.....but a stock clean van is fine.
What’s out there?
EVskij

Re: Van Wanted!

Post by EVskij »

Have a look at ex council vans with disabled access at the back. Generally ignored by most of the folks but be ideal to drop the ramp and wheel the bike in.

Likely to have low miles, and be well looked after.
scutty

Post by scutty »

Good luck getting a van in the current market - all those new lockdown/furloughed home delivery drivers have driven prices right up. Them and the adventure van conversion people :)
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

scutty wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:55 am Good luck getting a van in the current market - all those new lockdown/furloughed home delivery drivers have driven prices right up. Them and the adventure van conversion people :)
I’ve noticed!
I’ve always had a van....up until last year. I foolishly though I could live with a 4x4 and a twin axil trailer!
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

I’ve noticed that mini bus van conversions (9 seaters) have definitely come down in price....I guess this is a result of taxi businesses suffering because of “The Obvious”
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I read somewhere a release from an auction house which said the average transaction price for a used van (typically a 3-year-old one being 'defleeted') has gone up by £4,500 in the last year.
A small foretaste of what will come when the sale of new diesel vans is banned altogether!
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Very few new vans are actually bought or owned outright by the end user these days, this in turn means that there are very few private sales of late vans. This in turn means that the second hand market is controlled by businesses that have to offer buyer protection, service and also by the nature of themselves make a profit, this is reflected in what I'd consider to be high prices for second hand good vans.
I've just bought a new van for the first time ever, the van I wanted ideally would have been 5+ years old with with the criteria of being 2/3rds of the life left for a third of the new cost. Every van that I've bought in the last 20 years has matched that but now you can't find one anywhere near it. The vans I was looking at were 4-5 years old with 50-75k miles on for about 3/4 the price of a new one, in the end I bought I new one for £4k more than the best second hand one I could find.

I also think that van prices are inflated at present by business/self employed covid grants and people not spending cash on such things as holidays. I had a three month wait for my new van due to heavier than normal sales.

I wouldn't be to worried about paying vat from a private buyer as it's often a good negotiating point and the end price will be similar. I am VAT registered and have looked at no vat vans that the seller had paid vat on and was looking to recoup some of it.
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

For the last 30-odd years I had a Limited Company....so I just ordered an extra van through the company every couple of years, I used it for my private use, then passed it into our small fleet of vans, where we probably kept it for another 3/4 years.
So in effect I had a free van. Oh, the things you miss when you sell a business!
tea007

Post by tea007 »

Look at Peugeot tepee disabled conversion
Low mileage and ramp so easy to get bike in
Attachments
E85B2594-FAAB-4EDE-8706-DB0A29A5279B.jpeg
E85B2594-FAAB-4EDE-8706-DB0A29A5279B.jpeg (271.08 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
CC1CA065-A1E3-40F9-B70E-7AF201301A40.jpeg
CC1CA065-A1E3-40F9-B70E-7AF201301A40.jpeg (220.34 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
tea007