Gas Gas Pampera - wanted.

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Gas Gas Pampera - wanted.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

...or mirrors
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Tonibe63 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:05 pm Take the rear foot rest off then you don't need indicators.
It hasn't got rear footrests look at the picture need the beginning of the post.
They may still be in my shed :lol:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks all I have really enjoyed and noted your comments. Well all fluids, suspension bushes and rose joint replaced, petrol system cleaned out, wiring protected, two joints re-soldered and the engine fired up first kick. Taxed and insured but only rode it around the block, it feels so light and small even in comparison to the Serow. I really would like to fit indicators just so that the idiot behind knows I am turning, that's why I put my arm out but modern drivers don't seem to understand hand gestures with more than one finger :o I think that I will pick up a relay tomorrow and check out the operation. The rear light is a thin led and as has been said it flickers so might change that. Nearly ready to chase worms :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings all,

As an update I have attached a small file listing some basic specifications and parts identification which might help somebody else undertaking a similar project.

The alternator only produces a small current so no heated grips nor phone charger :(

I am still trying to work out the electrical components to fit indicators in so much as with the electrics being AC, for all but the cooling fan motor, selecting the correct flasher unit is proving to be a little more problematic than with a DC system. I still haven't found a wiring diagram so I am trying to make one to share with you, my sketches are not linked up yet as I can only go off what I see coming out of the loom plugs. If any body knows which indicator relay is the correct item then please let me know. I have found the pre-formed three pin terminal for the relay coming out of the loom plus a green: a brown and two black leads at the front and rear which must be for the indicator lights. Strangely at the switch the leads are coloured orange for feed in, white with blue trace for right and white with blue trace for the left - these must connect to the relevant green and brown leads somewhere out of sight inside the main loom :roll:

For now I have taped up the viewable connector blocks at the headstock with self amalgamating tape for weather protection. Oh well the bike is back together now, engine running, the weather should be dry on Sunday so let's go chasing Peak District worms :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
GasGas Pampera specifications.pdf
(26.96 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Oh dear, 12 miles in and it disgraced herself :cry: My son and I had virtually stopped at the little bridge at the bottom of the hill by the Chestnut Centre to let a car through when the bike shuddered to a halt as if out of petrol. Odd, plenty of petrol but as I looked down for the kickstart I saw oil leaking from the bottom of the clutch case gasket. Coolant level gone down ever so slightly. Serow sat there quietly ticking over as much as to make some cutting remark :lol:
chesnut.jpg
chesnut.jpg (201.74 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
To all intents and purposes feels like piston seizure so RAC brought me home. Stuffed it in the garage for now and will investigate tomorrow.

Quick thought or question, might anybody know if it does need a piston and cylinder can it be bored out to 270 and piston be fitted without modification to the bottom end assuming of course that such feels ok?

TTFN

Hugh.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Hugh you've only had it 5min and you have broke it :roll:

Flasher relay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114110802892
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Bill,

You should have heard what the Serow had to say :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: incredibly rude for such a normally well mannered bike :lol: :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Oh Hugh!

Sorry to hear that...hope it's not as serious as you fear.

When mine was new, it kept cutting out as though it was running out of petrol. Open the filler cap, shake it about like Steve McQueen, no, still plenty of fuel, carry on. Cut out again, and repeat.

turned out someone had put the little valve that stops fuel running out of the tank breather on the wrong way around!

Of course, every time I took the cap off, the pressure in the tank equalised and the thing would run as normal.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Richard,

I well remember our GasGas trials bike suffering the same, plus the dog bone bearings needing repeated attention. I have fitted a new full set so the Pampera suspension so felt smooth.

I can dance on top of the kick start and it will not move, strange no high temperature, no slowing down, no noises, nothing, just an oil leak from the base of the case :?:

Oh well the joys of motoring as they say, I will strip it down tomorrow and investigate properly. I'm getting too old for pushing bikes up hills. The new owner of the Beta texted me and sent a photo to say how happy he is with it :!:

The clutch felt lighter for the short distance so at least one positive :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

[quote=Hugh post_id=663588

I can dance on top of the kick start and it will not move, strange no high temperature, no slowing down, no noises, nothing, just an oil leak from the base of the case :?:

[/quote]

Hugh, does it still select gears and neutral gearbox seized?

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”