DRZ400E for sale

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
daveuprite

DRZ400E for sale

Post by daveuprite »

Suzuki DRZ400E 2003

DRZ 400 E, version ‘E’ (Enduro) authentic original UK (full power) with all the extras you expect with the E model:

Keihin Flatslide FCR39 carb, hi-lift cam, special base gasket, RM suspension, short sub-frame, plastic tank, 48hp, ~120kgs etc. Lighter and more powerful than the standard DRZ. But you know all that!

Totally reliable – starts on the button first time every time. Well equipped for enduro or greenlaning. Electric start. Well cared for. Looked after properly, cleaned and greased after every outing with oil/filters changed every 500kms (far more often than necessary really). Always warmed up properly and used only for light greenlaning in SW France, never for competition.

Consumables:

Brand new clutch – just fitted, plus new clutch cable. Oil and filter just renewed, valve clearances checked, spark plug and coolant changed (she doesn't use any oil) - all ready for the sale.
Chain kit 70%
Brake pads 80%
Tyres Michelin AC10 / Mitas Leisure Cross 70%
New wheel bearings front and rear.

Extra Equipment:

Full FMF Powerbomb exhaust system
Bar risers
PRO TAPER handlebars with pad
Brush guards
Bash plate
Nearly new WAVY front disk
Smaller number plate holder/rear light
ACERBIS front disk guard
ACERBIS rear mudguard bag
Sold with manual, original number plate support, original plastic bash guards

She's got a few small scratches, like any greenlaner that's been used as intended, but just cosmetic, nothing serious and she comes up nice after every wash. She is mechanically perfect. This is a seriously capable and powerful off-road bike, ready to ride, maintained really well.

Although based in France for the last 3 years, this bike was never French registered. It still has its V5 log book, although the bike will need re-importing into the UK (which is a simple process).

Selling cheap at either £1800 sterling, or €2300 Euros (I don’t mind which). The bike will be at the HISS until Thursday 10th September. Then it could be collected from near Bellac in Limousin (which is directly en route home from the Pyrennees to the Channel Ports).
Attachments
001.JPG
001.JPG (67.32 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
013.JPG
013.JPG (74.74 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (65.82 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
SteveR

Re: DRZ400E for sale at the HISS Catalunya

Post by SteveR »

Although based in France for the last 3 years, this bike was never French registered. It still has its V5 log book, although the bike will need re-importing into the UK (which is a simple process).
Purely academic query, why does it need re-importing?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Because I brought it to France intending to register it here. But the 'E' model was never originally homologated in France, so it's difficult to register here - something I wasn't aware of when I brought it over. In the meantime I sent the 'exported' section of the V5 to DVLA. Therefore, for a buyer who is UK resident, it technically needs to be re-instated with DVLA. It's a simple matter, but not something I can do from France. Once the bike is back in the UK, a couple of forms and the V5 can be re-instated with a new owner's name. 95% of the V5 (minus the export section) is here with me in my name, registered to my UK address.

I can get the bike in my van to the UK this December, possibly, but I thought I'd offer it up to those doing the HISS because (a) I'll be there, and (b) it's a bargain for a genuine E-model and a proper off-roader might like it.

Hope that makes some kind of sense!
jkay

Post by jkay »

It is as you say a bargain and if I hadn't of just bought a CCM 404 I'd be having that beautiful beastie (thumbs)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

daveuprite wrote:The bike will be at the HISS until Thursday 10th September. Then it could be collected from near Bellac in Limousin (which is directly en route home from the Pyrennees to the Channel Ports).
If anyone buys it at the HISS but can't take it away I can store the bike in my secure underground parking space - alongside my own bikes - here in the Pyrenees. There is always someone passing with a van and it's near a very direct route from the Costas to the UK used by Man-with-van' types.

You can also get to my town by direct coach service from Barcelona.

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks Simon. Or I can store the bike in my workshop in Limousin, for the buyer to collect from France later on. But if you want to take it home with you from the HISS, just bring £ or € cash with you and she's yours. I'll bring all the documents, history etc with me to La Pobla, and write out a receipt.

Dave

Lots more pics of the DRZ here:

https://www.wikialbums.com/wikialbum.as ... 1345896612

(remember it will only look that clean on the first morning of the HISS !)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

daveuprite wrote:
Hope that makes some kind of sense!
Perfect sense, thank you. (thumbs) See it and you in Spain :-)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

daveuprite wrote: Dave

Lots more pics of the DRZ here:

https://www.wikialbums.com/wikialbum.as ... 1345896612

(remember it will only look that clean on the first morning of the HISS !)
Never raced or rallied, huh? :)

I thought I was the only one to sell a dirty bike!!
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Shameless bump...
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

daveuprite wrote:Shameless bump...
Pity it's not a Husqvarna then - shameless hussy (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”