nothing good to say dont say anything.

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
ROCKOZ

Re: nothing good to say dont say anything.

Post by ROCKOZ »

Gedge wrote:
Thedktor wrote:Totally agree with you Felco - its bloody annoying getting a load of chat and crap when you're just trying to sell something.

Just my opinion :)

I can say this as I have written some stuff about bikes I've owned, and ironically had less comments than often appears on For Sale stuff!

Seems For Sale threads attract a lot of interest - is it cos we love bikes? :) :cheer:
Possibly because a well written review is often honest about a bikes shortcomings whereas the number ads for 125s that 'arent for the faint hearted' or the number of bikes with what sounds like fancy mods (eg R1 forks or twin headlight /streetfightered ) which sound great but in reality are either evidence of a cheap repair or a bodged upgrade that simply doesnt work..I think its very sad that sellers are so precious about criticism that we have to be gagged to avoid offending them and end up with ads that are only full of fawning praise ...the Sale section is meant as a service to (all) members..that service should be fair and open..either no comment is allowed or it should be open for anyone to post advice to buyers provided they do so fairly and politely..my 2p
Yeah but this wasn't a dig about this particular AT as there's nothing wrong with it. It was a dig about Africas in general. The correct section for this is here http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... twins.html I have even gone as far as to start a new thread. Come on lets hear your views? No need to have them removed now as it's in the correct section, eh?
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

ROCKOZ wrote:
Gedge wrote:
Thedktor wrote:Totally agree with you Felco - its bloody annoying getting a load of chat and crap when you're just trying to sell something.

Just my opinion :)

I can say this as I have written some stuff about bikes I've owned, and ironically had less comments than often appears on For Sale stuff!

Seems For Sale threads attract a lot of interest - is it cos we love bikes? :) :cheer:
Possibly because a well written review is often honest about a bikes shortcomings whereas the number ads for 125s that 'arent for the faint hearted' or the number of bikes with what sounds like fancy mods (eg R1 forks or twin headlight /streetfightered ) which sound great but in reality are either evidence of a cheap repair or a bodged upgrade that simply doesnt work..I think its very sad that sellers are so precious about criticism that we have to be gagged to avoid offending them and end up with ads that are only full of fawning praise ...the Sale section is meant as a service to (all) members..that service should be fair and open..either no comment is allowed or it should be open for anyone to post advice to buyers provided they do so fairly and politely..my 2p
Yeah but this wasn't a dig about this particular AT as there's nothing wrong with it. It was a dig about Africas in general. The correct section for this is here http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... twins.html I have even gone as far as to start a new thread. Come on lets hear your views? No need to have them removed now as it's in the correct section, eh?
My only comment in that thread was amazement at the asking price......I kept my views about them (ATs)to myself, but if you want I can put something in your thread? my point above was about the whole for sale issue and not just that one ad..
ROCKOZ

Post by ROCKOZ »

Fair enough :)
You can put whatever you want :)
knobbly

Post by knobbly »

Group hug :)
felco

Post by felco »

Thanks for most of the replies to my post.(some where plain daft) just to let you no it was not aimed at jonnyboxers coments on the AT!(i had not read it!). i would not start a post to pick on a single member!
My rant was over most of the for sale posts i have read.
The mods repleys were very helpfull to us all, thanks lads.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

felco wrote:Thanks for most of the replies to my post.(some where plain daft) just to let you no it was not aimed at jonnyboxers coments on the AT!(i had not read it!). i would not start a post to pick on a single member!
My rant was over most of the for sale posts i have read.
The mods repleys were very helpfull to us all, thanks lads.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”