Laptop or Ipad

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
Womble

Re: Laptop or Ipad

Post by Womble »

Or buyer it from ebuyer and get the 32Gb version for the same £'s
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
markyt

Post by markyt »

Nexus 7 super fast- £180 mine cost from currys with a cover and £25 voucher on play store. very good bit of kit.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Would you go for the Nexus 7 with 3G or the larger Nexus 10 with wi-fi? Bit thick regarding IT sorry!
Phil

Post by Phil »

im thikning of getting the Nexus 7 32Gb 3G.

i think it would be good to take on biking trips.....but....at some point i want to get a Go Pro so the ability to down load the SD cards while on a trip would be great, something the Nexus (or all tablets?) cant do. (i think :blush: )
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

The Android tablets are good up until you want to do something like a blog or want to cut and paste. Its possible but bloody difficult when you are used to windows. It, for some unknown reason, will not put photos into Blogger in the correct place despite there being a dedicated app for it.
Also moving files around is not so intuitive as on a win pc.

I am writing this on an ASUS T300 transformer (comes with a removeable keyboard).
We like it a lot but it cannot compete with windows for functionallity.
The Android is instant on/off and quite quick at most things but the cut and paste thing is what kills it for me.
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

I pad hands down
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Top of my list would be Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 reviewed [url=http:// http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/15/sams ... -1-review/]HERE[/url]

Steve Jobs may have declared "the stylus is dead" at the launch of the iPhone but Samsung's S-Pen proves otherwise making cut, copy and paste from the clipboard easy. I've found their in-bulky handwriting software accurate and intuitive enough that l can now write almost as quickly as with pen and paper and far quicker than l can type on a touch screen.

It's got a micro-SD slot so bringing in files is easy and a handful of cheap cards means you can have a back up of everything important when you're not near the internet, and you can increase the standard memory capacity, not something you can do with Apple's product.

There's picture and video editing software installed, but if you don't like then then Google Play, their app store has hundreds more. The screen may not be the absolute highest resolution, but it's still pretty amazing.

If your budget can't stretch, or you want something smaller the Galaxy Note II does much the same but with a 5 inch screen, and of course you can use it as a telephone, I've got the original Note and I've not touched my laptop since I got it.

One important thing to remember about Android. Trying one manufacturer's offering won't give you a full idea because each manufacturer overlays their own interphase and features. Samsung for instance give you a file manager which makes moving files easy, HTC don't. HTC give you a camera which will shoot stills while you film video, Samsung don't, and so it goes on. Try different products from different brands to find which suits you, I'm a Samsung fan (in case you hadn't guessed), my wife adores HTC. Mind you we both agree we'd never go near our daughter's iThing.

Of course Microsoft's new Windows 8 Surface might change everything, a touch screen device which runs the same basic software as a PC could well be the answer.
Happiness has 125cc ...

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”