Settled for one of these tents.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
nickoff

Settled for one of these tents.

Post by nickoff »

For those not interested in camping just scroll on.
Over the years I've done quiet a bit of camping whilst out on the bike. Could be touring or going to rallys. I never stop for more than 2-3 nights so I like an easy to pitch and take down tent without all the bells and whistles. Nothing worse than packing away in the rain with a hangover.
On Wednesday night after looking at countless reviews and YouTube videos I ordered a new tent from Amazon. It arrived the next day. It's a BFull Pop Up 3 man (person) tent costing just under £80.00. I've never paid more than £44.00 before, in fact I toured Europe using a £24.00 tent and kept it for about 4 years without any problem.
The BFull is approximately 80 inches (2000mm) x 70 inches (1700mm) x 40inches (1000mm) high. It's got plenty of room inside for me and all my gear, 2 adults could sleep in it without any bother. It,has a waterproof index of 3000mm so should hold up ok in pouring rain.
I erected it yesterday just to see how things worked and then re-bagged it until this morning. Today I timed myself erecting it from scratch and it took less than 3 minutes to have it completely up and pegged out. Not bad for only the second time of putting it up. It seems well made and sturdy and you can even disconnect the fly sheet and use the inner canopy as a sunshade if required. Well impressed.
Only a couple of minor drawbacks that I can see. 1/ It doesn't have an awning to leave boots etc in overnight, not too much of a problem. 2/ It's about a 100mm longer than my usual tents when packed away at 760mm which is still shorter than the width of my handlebars but will have to be considered when weaving through traffic.
Attachments
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG (306.08 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG (315.8 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG (292.83 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
Billy Bananahead

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I've bought one of these > https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/camping-equi ... e-300.html which is the most i've ever paid for a tent.
Was sick and tired of not having any room to move when camping and is small enough rolled up to fit on the bike.
I've just got to get one of those blow up mattresses as i chucked my camp bed last time out after yet another uncomfortable night.
Can't wait to go camping this year.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 pm I've bought one of these > https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/camping-equi ... e-300.html which is the most i've ever paid for a tent.
Was sick and tired of not having any room to move when camping and is small enough rolled up to fit on the bike.
I've just got to get one of those blow up mattresses as i chucked my camp bed last time out after yet another uncomfortable night.
Can't wait to go camping this year.
A camping mat is going to be my next purchase then I'm all ready for the year. Like you I'm fed up with being uncomfortable plus my air bed takes up too much room. I've been looking at the Trekology UL sleeping pad. I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Love a tent thread :)

I like the big doors, can you post of a picture of it in the bag please? A quick pitch can be dead handy :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
bowber

Post by bowber »

Insomnia Brenhden?
I bought a slumit last year, never got chance to try it, hopefully this year.
It's slightly longer in the bag than a normal tent but I'm hoping it'll not be a problem.

Steve
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

bowber wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 am Insomnia Brenhden?
I bought a slumit last year, never got chance to try it, hopefully this year.
It's slightly longer in the bag than a normal tent but I'm hoping it'll not be a problem.

Steve
Seems I'm not the only one, I've got in the terrible habit of starting work at 0500 so I can get stuff done without the phone ringing an interupting me.

I've not been camping yet this year and it's on my mind a lot... I think I might go super lightweight this year as my new DR200 doesn;t have a lot of carry capacity.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

nickoff wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

daveuprite wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am
nickoff wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...
:lol:

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
bowber

Post by bowber »

It didn't take long :)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

bowber wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 pm
It didn't take long :)
What do you expect from someone calling themselves daveuprite? :) :shock:

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”