Snugpak sleeping bags.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Spike941

Re: Snugpak sleeping bags.

Post by Spike941 »

Can’t be doing getting cold at night at my age. I still have my old 5 season Robens down bag. It’s big, but there again so am I. I got it about 20 years ago for an Everest trip, and it still is the bollox. One night in a lodge at about 16,000 feet, it was -7 in the bedroom. Not a problem for the bag, just a bugger for me when I needed to go outside for pee. Never without a comfort bottle these days. As for packing, came with its own stuff sack and a good set of compression straps, which reduce it to a manageable travelling size. Comfort always comes before size, hence my inability to travel light I guess.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Well I took the plunge and bought a Snugpak Softie Expansion 4. It looks and feels pretty good and I reckon it should be ok for coldish nights. A bit more bulky and heavy than my old sleeping bag but that's to be expected. Got it for a reasonable price too--£75.00 from the Sleeping Bags Outlet. Just got to wait now until I can try it out in anger.

Nick.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

A sleep mat with a decent R rating is just as important as the sleeping bag. Hence the term ‘sleep system’.

I used to have a Snugpak sleeping bag, esxcellent quality.

I now use a Sea to Summit down bag and have a couple of different liners, also Sea to Summit, that can extend the bags temperature range by a good margin.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

OnHellas wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:15 pm A sleep mat with a decent R rating is just as important as the sleeping bag. Hence the term ‘sleep system’.

I used to have a Snugpak sleeping bag, esxcellent quality.

I now use a Sea to Summit down bag and have a couple of different liners, also Sea to Summit, that can extend the bags temperature range by a good margin.
Yep! I've been looking at sleeping mats to replace the air bed I've been using for the last couple of years. The air bed has been comfortable but doesn't pack down very well. I think the Trekology is the one I'll be getting as it has good reviews. I also bought a reflective mat last week to put on top.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”