Coleman blackout tents?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
byewayrider

Coleman blackout tents?

Post by byewayrider »

Okay I had a impromptu camp out in one of our fields on the farm and it was bloody hot in the tent and I go to sleep early so normally twilite and do like a lie in sometimes..

Just seen Coleman now do blackout tents though the batur looked good for my needs as good ventilation....

Anyone tried the Coleman with blackout tech.... I tried a pitch inner first tent which was very cool but a heavy dew ment I was damp... And rain did pray on my mind also when sun came up it was bloody light lol..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Teflon Jnr

Re: Coleman blackout tents?

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I haven't tried the Coleman blackout but I do have 2 vango ark 200+ 1 is blue and grey and the other is black and green the blue 1 is horrendous in light gets hot and also once the sun comes out or makes an appearance it's like midday at 5 in the morning but the black 1 is amazing a lot cooler and I get my much needed lie ins with it as it keeps out a shed load of light even enough for an afternoon nap .i know it's not the same tent etc but thought I'd share my experience
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I've got a Coleman, here is the review I did after its first use:

Tent โ€“ ยฃ95 Coleman Kentmere. What a joy this tent is. Itโ€™s 5Kg so way heavier than my others but for a basecamp it is perfect. My chair fits in the large porch and the blackout means I get a lot more sleep.

They feel really sturdy, they are warm at night and don't roast so bad in the sun. Also I get at least an hour's extra sleep because it's dark.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
jorrend

Post by jorrend »

Compared to a normal tent, they do stay cooler in the direct sun, the reflective material does a good job keeping the sun out. I've heard some good things about it staying cool... but have also heard that people don't like it because it's always dark in the tent. It's fine when sleeping, but it's confining and claustrophobic to hang out inside one for too long with no ambient light filtering in.

Return to โ€œTRAVEL GEARโ€