Tenere 700 Luggage. What are you using?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
OnHellas
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: By the sea, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Tenere 700 Luggage. What are you using?

Post by OnHellas » Tue May 26, 2020 6:38 pm

I am now the very happy owner of a Tenere 700 thanks to the fantastic chaps at Woodford Motorcycle in that there East London.

I don’t think that I, or many of us, are going to be going very far this year but it’s time to choose some bits.

Luggage....what have you fitted to your T7?
Luggage....any of you have experience with Bumot soft panniers? What about MoskoMoto Reckless 40?

I offered up a Giant Loop Coyote today and that might work.
Adventure Spec do a set of metal bits, rack and side racks for soft bags....anyone bought those?

Of course, info on engine bars, bash plates and any other must have bits.

Tell me.

Oh. A 100 miles in and I think that it’s going to be a very nice bike. Pyrenees trails, TET, TAT....??
Last edited by OnHellas on Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
User avatar
mark vb
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 am
Location: Kent, U.K.
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by mark vb » Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Hey Paul, I completely forgot to mention yesterday that I signed onto the Tenere 700 forum a while ago, and there's a load of stuff on all manner of aftermarket bits & pieces. Would be worth a look if you haven't already signed up.

OnHellas
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: By the sea, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by OnHellas » Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm

I haven’t signed up but I’ve had a brief look.
Thanks for the heads up though.

MotoCP
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by MotoCP » Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm

I also look forward to any suggestions, as yesterday I jumped at the chance of a nearly new (340 miles old) T7 that a mate’s mate was trading in because it was too tall for him.
I’d never ridden one before so it was a leap of faith but it’s certainly living up to all the positive reviews. Super smooth, svelte, balanced, planted and flickable.

Oh and I also fell lucky on a set of Reckless 80 panniers so I will let you know how they work out.

dave h
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by dave h » Tue May 26, 2020 8:12 pm

I went for altrider bag for my 790,

It also fits the army bike,
IMG_20200523_123704.jpg
IMG_20200523_123704.jpg (176.96 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Dave.

OnHellas
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: By the sea, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by OnHellas » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm

MotoCP wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm
I also look forward to any suggestions, as yesterday I jumped at the chance of a nearly new (340 miles old) T7 that a mate’s mate was trading in because it was too tall for him.
I’d never ridden one before so it was a leap of faith but it’s certainly living up to all the positive reviews. Super smooth, svelte, balanced, planted and flickable.

Oh and I also fell lucky on a set of Reckless 80 panniers so I will let you know how they work out.
It would be good to see some photos of the bike with the luggage.
Enjoy the bike.

User avatar
boboneleg
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 1539 times
Been thanked: 898 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by boboneleg » Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 pm

I've used my Altrider Hemisphere on KTM990, CRF250 Rally and my DR650 so that's what I'll be using on the T700. I've only trial fitted so far, I haven't used it in anger yet but seems to fit fine. I've also got a Kriega US20 behind it on the rack.
F95DC194-F311-4C8A-90E7-7CB17D1312DA.jpg
F95DC194-F311-4C8A-90E7-7CB17D1312DA.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 392 times
one-legged adventurer

OnHellas
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: By the sea, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by OnHellas » Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Cheers for that Bob.

Once strapped on, do you leave it on for the entire trip or remove it regularly?

User avatar
boboneleg
Posts: 4845
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 1539 times
Been thanked: 898 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by boboneleg » Wed May 27, 2020 8:21 am

OnHellas wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Cheers for that Bob.

Once strapped on, do you leave it on for the entire trip or remove it regularly?
The bag comes out of the holster , so it's easy to remove just the bag if your in a hotel or such, when camping I just leave it on the bike and pick out what I need from the bag.
one-legged adventurer

OnHellas
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 pm
Location: By the sea, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Re: Tenere 700 Luggage.

Post by OnHellas » Wed May 27, 2020 8:32 am

boboneleg wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:21 am
OnHellas wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Cheers for that Bob.

Once strapped on, do you leave it on for the entire trip or remove it regularly?
The bag comes out of the holster , so it's easy to remove just the bag if your in a hotel or such, when camping I just leave it on the bike and pick out what I need from the bag.
That seems to be the way on that type of luggage. Sarah has bought a Giant Loop Coyote for her G310GS which went on OK yesterday with a bit of patience.
I think a loaded bag would sit a lot nicer than an empty one?

As a hard luggage man for the last 25 years plus the straps and clips did my head in fairly quickly.
Hence I like the look of the MoskoMoto stuff but the Bumot soft bag mounting is more my style.
Keep the suggestions coming....and of lovely T7’s with your chosen luggage carrying solutions.

Post Reply

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests