In search of a good night sleep

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
gspod

Re: In search of a good night sleep

Post by gspod »

Old fashioned rubberised cotton blow up bed. Folds down small but is heavy. Had it for, must be 20 years and works well for both of us. I’ve been told they’re not made anymore due to environmental factors- not sure how true that is I will be gutted if I can’t get a new one when this one finally goes.
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Jak* wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 pm Exped. I have the cheapest on available which is good, my wife has a down filled one which is better particularly in the winter. In my opinion better than Thermarest, a bit smaller to pack away but a bit more of a faff to inflate and deflate. The outside tubes are slightly bigger which stops you rolling off.
Cheers Jak
I think the roll off will be a problem with this one but at £40 i read the reviews and thought what the heck.
Off to the HUBB next week then the ABR festival so a good test coming up.
Last edited by Benson-1215 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:10 pm Half-a-dozen Belgian Trappist Ales and a single malt chaser or two (you Southern tart) and it won't matter what you sleep on, or where you sleep ….. just sleep! Trust me ....
I am guessing we are talking school night here "Half-a-dozen Belgian Trappist Ales and a single malt chaser or two (you Southern tart)"
:D
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I've had a few beds in the last few years, last year I had a knock off mini frame bed, this year I have a exped downmat lite 5, which is great. However the real thing that's helped is this:
I'll always have a few wines or beers before bed and I used to have to get up in the night but because it was a pain I'd try and ignore it for hours and toss and turn. Now what I do is do all my drinking, go for a wee and then go back to my chair and wait without drinking for an hour or until I need another wee. Then go to bed. That hour lost when I'd rather be in bed is worth three hours sleep. Sounds dead simple but it makes the world of difference :)

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

gspod wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 pm Old fashioned rubberised cotton blow up bed. Folds down small but is heavy. Had it for, must be 20 years and works well for both of us. I’ve been told they’re not made anymore due to environmental factors- not sure how true that is I will be gutted if I can’t get a new one when this one finally goes.

Camperlands and numerous other places sell them

https://www.camperlands.co.uk/outwell-a ... otton.html
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

gspod wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 pm Old fashioned rubberised cotton blow up bed. Folds down small but is heavy. Had it for, must be 20 years and works well for both of us. I’ve been told they’re not made anymore due to environmental factors- not sure how true that is I will be gutted if I can’t get a new one when this one finally goes.
Need to see a photo of this! Do you mean the old canvas type which had the two stoppers one for bed the other for the pillow ?
And sounded like granny farting when you deflate them. Or am i a lot older :shock:
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Teflon Jnr wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm

That looks like the one i should have brought :shock:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 pm I've had a few beds in the last few years, last year I had a knock off mini frame bed, this year I have a exped downmat lite 5, which is great. However the real thing that's helped is this:
I'll always have a few wines or beers before bed and I used to have to get up in the night but because it was a pain I'd try and ignore it for hours and toss and turn. Now what I do is do all my drinking, go for a wee and then go back to my chair and wait without drinking for an hour or until I need another wee. Then go to bed. That hour lost when I'd rather be in bed is worth three hours sleep. Sounds dead simple but it makes the world of difference :)

Cheers

Bren
Ah, the thermodynamics of the drink/piss coefficient. Despite centuries of research it remains a mystery.

Personally I think it's:

Booze volume over time = the square of bladder capacity as a route function of inconvenience.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I've just come back from a week away with my new partner who had no camping gear. I bought her the new Lomo mat & was very impressed when I had a lie down on it. For something that packs almost as small as my Thermarest neoair, it is significantly wider, (similar size to a self inflating mat) & surprisingly comfy. For £25 it is excellent.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
gspod

Post by gspod »

Benson-1215 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 pm
Teflon Jnr wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 pm

That looks like the one i should have brought :shock:
That’s the type of thing - I’m glad they still make them. As I said they are heavy but back up flat - we use a pump to deflate otherwise it takes a long time.
Thanks for the link

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”