special tent recomendations?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
BobH

Re: special tent recomendations?

Post by BobH »

+1 on the MSR Elixer, I have the single for light weight trips. Folds small, light and very strong.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Just started using a Naturehike Cloud Up 2. It's a copy of the Big Agnes Fly Creek 2. Loving it so far!
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

:shock: Cotswold Outdoor have a Vango tent sale on.
The Banshee 200 is discounted to £105 ,,-- similar the cheapest available on eBay.
The Banshee 300 ,however, is discounted to 🤔😕😁 £85 !!!
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Poncho and some bungees?
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I have lots of tents (although not as many as I need ;). If I was going somewhere really hot and I wanted a inner first pitch tent I would take my Northface Tadpole. It may be 23 years old and had a few patches from burns it got when I was a hippy but its still the best I have.

However I generally use a Minipeak. Mine has an entirely mesh walled inner and is very small with a really big porch area so nothing but my bed in is the inner. It's not so easy to get into bed but I love it and it works well in hot weather.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

BobH wrote:+1 on the MSR Elixer, I have the single for light weight trips. Folds small, light and very strong.
+1 from me too on the Elixir.

Used mine through Africa and ticks all your boxes. Just take a patching kit as not included in the bag (i had to use the one that came in my £5 travel pillow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andycrf250l

Post by Andycrf250l »

Another vote for msr gear .. I have the elexir 3. You can get smaller. Pitching is a breeze and you can leave the rainfly off if its a warm climate. Great to have two entrances and storage outside the main inner. Especially when it’s wet or you have wet gear.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I bought the Vaude TerraHogan earlier this year. It's only 2.2 kg and packs really small. The first time I pitched it took just 6 minutes and, although it pitched all together (inner and outer at the same time), you can remove the outer. It's slightly more expensive than some of those mentioned above but it is made in Germany and mine came with a tent doctor kit and an additional groundsheet (from Action Outdoors).

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Geecee68

Post by Geecee68 »

Have a look at the Naturehike Mongur 2

https://www.naturehike.com/mongar-ultra ... d-edition/

Looks familiar? Its an exact copy of the £400 MSR one.

The MSR one is a belter. You can sleep in the inner, the outer, or both.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I bought a couple of these a couple of years ago--almost as disposable for the LeMans Moto GP--loads of fires and flying embers --at 70 quid a good copy of the very expensive US BIG AGNES version https://www.naturehike.com/cloud-up-3-u ... -men-tent/ I've used it a few times and no complaints--just 4 pegs for the corners on a custom footprint and the poles are all in one --and its up very quickly--all ripstop with plenty of ventilation--and as a 3 man perfect for just me and biking gear.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”