Looking a tent can keep in top case

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Mike Wright

Re: Looking a tent can keep in top case

Post by Mike Wright »

Coleman Phad X2 is a great tent and fits into a GS side pannier. https://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/cole ... -tent.html
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Vango Nova 300, it packs small and is the same as the Vango Meteor but has a front porch ground sheet.

I use the Nova 200 but that would be a bit small for 2 people.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-nova ... nt-p442385
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

If you have access to a Vango retailer also consider the Pulsar Pro 300. Weighs very little more than the two person 200 version , for a lot more space.
doberso

Post by doberso »

What size are your top case & panniers?

Is it a 2 person tent for 2 people? Usually a 2 person tent will do for 1 person + kit not for 2 people.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

vango banshee 300
markoh

Post by markoh »

If you are two (maybe three) season camping then a Luxe Minipeak II with a 163X tarp pole would probably work. The pole collapses to 41cm and the tent to any shape you want, it takes up very little room. Links below:

https://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shel ... 6-139.html
https://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shel ... WA135.html

Cheers
Mark
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Anything that survived last weekend's Dragon Rally near Bangor is a good tent--lots of tents were flattened and abandoned by storm Ciara--in a sloping field that ended up with 6 inches of soft mud--the place was like the Somme(only seen pics!)--My Blacks 3 hoop tunnel (Octane 3)--in ripstop etc survived pretty well--packs really small. Basically you get what you pay for, and need to spend in excess of 200 quid minimum.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

catcitrus wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:32 pm Anything that survived last weekend's Dragon Rally near Bangor is a good tent--lots of tents were flattened and abandoned by storm Ciara--in a sloping field that ended up with 6 inches of soft mud--the place was like the Somme(only seen pics!)--My Blacks 3 hoop tunnel (Octane 3)--in ripstop etc survived pretty well--packs really small. Basically you get what you pay for, and need to spend in excess of 200 quid minimum.
Not sure about that mate. I traveled around Europe in varying weather conditions. Attended numerous rally's here in the U.K., some of them in atrocious weather where I sometimes saw expensive tents flattened. Not once did my little 2 man tent purchased off Amazon for £24.00 let me down. I eventually binned it at last years MAG Rally after the zip failed. Brought a tear to my eye. :-(

Nick.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I think you hit it on the head when you said "little two man"--I have several smaller tents including a Terra Nova and a "2 man" OEX "bivvy type. I'm sure that both would have done very well in those conditions (and I have also had good service from small bivvy types bought on the hoof from the likes of LeClerc)---small tents work well in a storm. They also work well when you can stick an awning on the side. The point is that I had room for all my gear and was able to cook and make hot drinks in the vestibule with the storm raging outside--not so easy in a small tent--(but ok for just sleeping).
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I'm going to try a Tyvek footprint (from e-bay)--basically its the high tech DuPont building membrane. I have also ordered a roll and some special tape to make them for my other tents and attach peg down loops--erect tent over sheet, mark with felt tip, and cut inside the line by an inch or two---and it will pack small and is used by those that do extreme camping/hiking.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”