Lomo Panniers.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Brenhden

Re: Lomo Panniers.

Post by Brenhden »

Looks good that, have you mounted them on pannier racks or are they just on the panels?
daryl wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am Ok, I'm back from 2600 miles to Italy and home via some French TET.

I'm pleased to say the panniers worked great, with the only (cosmetic) damage being where I scraped them on a wall on one of the balcony roads in France. Beyond some high denier cordura or similar fabric, I'm not sure what would have helped though.

The survived a few small drops on the dirt without incident, but I wouldn't want to slide them down a gravel road too far at high speed.

I used reusable cable ties instead of the supplied bottom straps as mentioned previously and a ROK strap around each bag to prevent bouncing.

Ready for the off
before.jpg

somewhere mid TET
tet.jpg
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daryl

Post by daryl »

Brenhden wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am Looks good that, have you mounted them on pannier racks or are they just on the panels?
I've got the Rally Raid racks on the 690
IMG_20180702_113404.jpg
IMG_20180702_113404.jpg (98.66 KiB) Viewed 9081 times
Kirky1298

Post by Kirky1298 »

Panniers are back in stock and still £50.
I just got some along with a 40l bag to go across the top on the seat.
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

I had a few issues with my Lomo panniers last weekend, first time of using them they lasted 4 hours before the Velcro straps ripped out of the stitches...the bags weren’t overloaded, sleeping bag, clothes and cooking equipment etc. I did have a Rok strap around each bag (vertically).
The trails we were on were both fast and challenging, big bomb holes, the kind of stuff that would test anything out.
Once the straps broke I used 2 Rok straps around each bag and that held them for the rest of the 3 day trip.
When I got home on Sunday I took a few photos and emailed Lomo for there comment, Monday morning I had an email from Lomo offering to replace or a refund, I asked for replacement bags, these arrived today( Wednesday).
Great customer service from Lomo Image

I would advise though if your doing some serous off roading not to rely on the Velcro straps, get some Rok straps on them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I use the free straps that come with every KTM or BMW bike delivery--fortunately I have pannier frames so they go round the bottom of the frame, then up the outside of the bag and then over the seat--in one giant loop really--and these straps take a lot of the load--no problems so far--but in fairness they are not really designed to be bounced around offroad--you need to go significantly up market for a reliable system if you are a regular offroader.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I know a few with xt660z whove used them on long trips all say the stitching is a weak point on straps and also the lower tie down points, but the bags never leaked..

So reinforce the straps and jobs a good one mavis...
prg4967

Post by prg4967 »

Agreed all round chaps, they are budget bags but will do the job if you take additional precautions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
taxi driver

Post by taxi driver »

I've used there tail bag for ages and although not tried there panniers the tail bag is really well made and a great price its also easily detachable

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”