Holts Tyreweld.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
minkyhead

Re: Holts Tyreweld.

Post by minkyhead »

maby so the instructions say take the object out ..we have all probably seen a tyre where the nail keeps air in a tubless tyre but i dont think its works the same on a tube cos of the wriggle ..the other downside is if the tyre is soft th screw could end up puncturing the other side of the tube
if its not already done it .....i think its a bit like slime it may well seal small thorns and stuff but on this evidence the screw or nail punctture is going to be too much with a tube .....i wernt sure if the stuff would still work and would scrap the tube anyway for new one so i thought id have a mess about with it ...i really wanted it to seal it cos it could be handy for them awkwasrd times but the reality was the actual hole in the tube was pretty small
dave reminded me last night scott tried a can in albania and it didnt work for him either ..so my best guess is it depends on the type of puncture as to if it will cope or not
me tubless sytem without doubt self seals as ive given it the same test with stans liquid .. but i still carry tubes as i think bigger metal or glass punctures may not fair so well as a nail or thorn
anyway there it is .. it is what it is .... 2ml drill bit wonr seal on this wheel ? so if thats fair or not i dont know but a fair conclusion would be that a 2ml hole wont seal ....

all good fun
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I seem to remember it thicker and stickier, years ago :lol:
and had good results lasting ages :lol:
but that was years ago, with tubeless tyres on-road.

when I have tried it with inner tubes in
it has always failed
but then
it is designed for tubeless tyres

I got a feeling they have changed the recipe/formula ??
as tyre fitters hated the mess ??
herman

Post by herman »

I had never used it until recently down at Jax shack recently. I had a 50 mm nail go right in the centre line of the tyre/tube and a fairly rapid deflation off road. Frank was carrying a can so we went for it and it worked , stayed up for the rest of two thirds of the day although the tyre was not quite seated on the rim correctly ( I took it easy on road corners) . I am carrying it now as it is worth a try rather than delaying everyones ride time for a tube change. 8-)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”