Best alternative to fresh milk?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
92kk k100lt 193214

Re: Best alternative to fresh milk?

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

My kit includes a 500ml stainless steel flask which I will fill with cold milk. Even in warm places good for 24 hours so I can have corn flakes and ice cold milk for breakfast.
Bikes and camping don't mean roughing it.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
tempesc

Best alternative to fresh milk?

Post by tempesc »

IMHO there is no really good alternative so +1 for just buying a little carton of fresh milk (and maybe a small cool bag). Good coffee needs to be enjoyed at its best.

On cold days it will last, on hot ones you'll have to replace but it's not going to break the bank, even in Norway.

Enjoy the trip - did 2 weeks there last year. Fab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bowber

Post by bowber »

Black tea and coffee, if anyone adds milk to my tea it's undrinkable, milk in coffee is ok but no instant.

Steve
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Just pull one off, can't get fresher than that. Most of the members on this forum at that before they get out the tent in the morning anyway.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
WillS

Post by WillS »

bowber wrote:Black tea and coffee, if anyone adds milk to my tea it's undrinkable. :woohoo:

Steve
Plus 1 (thumbs) always black coffee ( not instant) and tea.
I take the fresh coffee pods they use in coffee machines like tea bags, Just seal them in a ziploc plastic bag.
All supermarkets sell them.
WillS

Post by WillS »

SteveR wrote:
Spike941 wrote:On my camping trip to Scandinavia last summer, I took two tubes of Nestle condensed milk, which comes ready sweetened. Worked for me, light and compact. Just the ticket.
Every time here too (thumbs)

Grew up loving the stuff, as a child, we used to butter sliced white bread and use sweetened condensed milk as the filling!! Yummy!! :laugh:
Used to eat it by the tin full as a kid!! Serious sugar fix. :S
Not sure I could eat it now!! :whistle:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

WillS wrote:
SteveR wrote:
Spike941 wrote:On my camping trip to Scandinavia last summer, I took two tubes of Nestle condensed milk, which comes ready sweetened. Worked for me, light and compact. Just the ticket.
Every time here too (thumbs)

Grew up loving the stuff, as a child, we used to butter sliced white bread and use sweetened condensed milk as the filling!! Yummy!! :laugh:
Used to eat it by the tin full as a kid!! Serious sugar fix. :S
Not sure I could eat it now!! :whistle:
Regrettably, I still have a sweet tooth.... as my waistline can confirm! :whistle: The next stage on from the straight, neat stuff, is Scottish Tablet made using sweetened condensed milk and MORE sugar!! Some of this stuff is seriously horrible, but other batches are seriously nice, a bit like Crack I imagine, as you eat one piece and get a nice Hit, 2 or 3 is nice but not as good as the first piece, and if you can manage to ingest several pieces in one go, you WILL be ill!!! :unsure:
micksea

Post by micksea »

-Ralph- wrote:Just pull one off, can't get fresher than that. Most of the members on this forum at that before they get out the tent in the morning anyway.

when the meds wear off we can discuss the cost of me deleting this little gem :woohoo:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

micksea wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:Just pull one off, can't get fresher than that. Most of the members on this forum at that before they get out the tent in the morning anyway.

when the meds wear off we can discuss the cost of me deleting this little gem :woohoo:
ROFL!! :lol:
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Please don't judge others by your own standards
....................Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”