Learning from last years mistakes

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Nin101

Learning from last years mistakes

Post by Nin101 »

I'm at RIAT this year - not flying in this time though. I'll be on the RAF Charitable Trust stand stood next to this microlight ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Flanker37

Re: Learning from last years mistakes

Post by Flanker37 »

Nice crate, I'll be Sector Marshalling this year as the campsite assistant roles are no longer needed. So i'll be out & about on a push bike all day (thumbs)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:The inflatable pillow probably came quite cheap. In fact I reckon the bag on its own might have cost more.

I saw cutlery pouches for sale recently, for a lot more than I paid for my cutlery...which came in a similar pouch since dedicated to carrying 2 sharp knives in the camp set. Or, like making jam, buy empty jam jars for £2 or buy jam for £1 in the same kind of pot. Or go buy a Bluetooth headset with a cable for £5, or buy a cable on its own....also for £5.

But the best buy I think I ever made was the 50,000mAh power bank that allows me 2 weeks travel without plugging anything in anywhere.

Good stuff.... what was the make of the power bank you purchased if you'd be so kind?

:)

Will It Buff Out?
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

NT
IainD

Post by IainD »

I can say I have ever been cold in my sleeping bag once. I Have been too hot many times.
After being cold one April I decided to buy a new bag and went for a Snugpak Winter rated bag. It is too (insert expletive) hot even for Spring and Autumn and useless in summer (even in Scotland). Be careful about buying a bag based on being cold, it probably isn't the bag. At least this bag has a zip and you can cool down.
If you are cold try a bag liner, thermal undies / base layer or as has been said above, get yourself off the ground.
I use a single person framed bed, and while a bit tricky to get together is very comfortable. The artic rated bag has a hood which makes a good pillow.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”