Camelbak pak

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Redmurty

Re: Camelbak pak

Post by Redmurty »

freeze half the contents if you can before topping up stay cool quite a long time

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

Camel back mule 3l bladder enough room for trail tools & a waterproof done several tours in Romania in 30 deg+ just don't buy mineral water with gas at the petrol station and fill the bladder first drink blows your eye balls out just ask Fugly
Me karma ranover me dogma
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

I got a tesco 1 4/5yrs ago as a pressie and its still going strong the bag gets used for bike dogwalking camping etc etc etc so i dont feel the need to spend on a camel pack easy hope this helps. in summer i freeze some tubes of juice or squash a d put those in bladder and cool drinks all day simples
cheers j (thumbs)
davsato

Post by davsato »

I've got the universal tube that converts anything to a hydration pack, like any pop or water bottle, bladder, camping water carrier etc. Works best with collapsible containers though, so I just use either a 2litre collapsible bottle or 1kg plastic sugar bag (yes, believe it or not! Sugar from the £1 shop came in it) In a tank bag with the drinking tube coiled round the top. To make and keep it cold soak a teeshirt or towel or rag and wrap the bottle up. As it dries in the wind it will get nice and cool
Dave
Bounce

Post by Bounce »

I use a camelback 3L classic for long road trips & a camelback 3L mule for green laning/enduro riding.

For hot weather, I drop a few ice cubes into the bladder, plus use an insulating sleeve on the drinks tube - works a treat!! :)
herman

Post by herman »

The Tesco one had done me proud but when I went to replace it with another they had changed the design and omitted the chest strap, I cant tell if that one has one but they are really good value and surprisingly robust, may have to try another for racing.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
ross dean

Camelbak pak

Post by ross dean »

It's not 'hydration' it's a drink of water!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

+1 for the Tesco one, had mine for a while now, £11 can't complain. :)
Don1960

Post by Don1960 »

I got mine from a guy selling army surplus stock at my local car boot for £15. They are original camel back army version and come with a quality mouthpiece and neopren sleeve. To keep it cool I make sure I use water from the fridge and add ice cubes. I even used ice blocks and asked to put them into the freezer overnight. Never had problems with warm water (I add some squash), even on long, hot trips ...
Selous

Post by Selous »

I have the camelbak I think Muel it is a day sack too for camera & other bits & bobs when touring, holds 3 ltrs.

I have a slightly diffrant set up inside as mine got lost enroute to the Stores as I was Leaving the Forces :whistle:

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”