What do you take camping

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Simon_100

Re: What do you take camping

Post by Simon_100 »

Hint # 58 perhaps: I also forgot my wash sponge - from a former life I have a huge collection of those tiny ones you get in commercial hotels. But no probs, I just used the one from the kitchen bag with the scratchy bit on the other side - hmm, quite useful in the shower :evil:

Regs

Simon

PS Elle, perhaps we should just say 'skimpy' - and you're not supposed to have permission for the credit card, just see how much you can get through before the b****d cancel - OK, maybe I've been reading too much Julie Burchill :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Devonboy

Post by Devonboy »

A good camp chair.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

I take a top box for clothes, documents, basic tool kit etc and a roll bag for my tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, cooker, pans, kfs, stool.
I have found this to be more than enough space and kit to last at least a week. I started with more gear but just ended up leaving more and more each time.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
zandesiro

Post by zandesiro »

Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

Lord Vader wrote:As much as i can fit on :blink:

Our bike ready to roll for 2 weeks 2up camping

ok lets see
The 2 roll bags on top of the paniers are our sleeping bags. We both hate the mummy shape ones so these are square ones. Now not having a lot of money I cant afford these nice little down bags. I had these bags at the elephant rally down to -17 and I was ok. They dont pack down small at all but we are comfy and warm,also they zip open so we can use them as blankets.
one panier clothing
one panier cooking stuff(again I cant afford to the pub to eat often so its home cooking. Being a former chef is a advantage)
Roll bag on the back.
2 therma rest(the fat ones) which will be replaced again with a proper airbed as there is nothing worse than a bad sleep when you camping.
Tent,tarp,wet weather gear in last
Tank bag with all the chargers,camera,phones,puncture repair kit and first aid kit. Normally also strapping 2 camp chairs on top of the big roll bag but since I ordered now 2 heliox chairs that will fall away.
I am slowly minimising my gear but small+light+good=expensive.
For me the main thing when camping is
being dry
warm
sleep well
eat good.
Next investment will be smaller sleeping bags but that got to wait a while now as my budget has been dented a bit with the new chairs
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
outrunner

Post by outrunner »

Lord Vader wrote:

ok lets see
The 2 roll bags on top of the paniers are our sleeping bags. We both hate the mummy shape ones so these are square ones. Now not having a lot of money I cant afford these nice little down bags. I had these bags at the elephant rally down to -17 and I was ok. They dont pack down small at all but we are comfy and warm,also they zip open so we can use them as blankets.
one panier clothing
one panier cooking stuff(again I cant afford to the pub to eat often so its home cooking. Being a former chef is a advantage)
Roll bag on the back.
2 therma rest(the fat ones) which will be replaced again with a proper airbed as there is nothing worse than a bad sleep when you camping.
Tank bag with all the chargers,camera,phones,puncture repair kit and first aid kit. Normally also strapping 2 camp chairs on top of the big roll bag but since I ordered now 2 heliox chairs that will fall away.
being dry
warm
DRINK
sleep well
eat good.
Next investment will be smaller sleeping bags but that got to wait a while now as my budget has been dented a bit with the new chairs
Fixed the list for you Pete. :whistle:

Andy.
Grumpy auld man.
QuickNick

Post by QuickNick »

Earplugs if you plan on camping with like minded bikers as the sound of someone else snoring is a pain in the arse. :(
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

outrunner wrote:
Lord Vader wrote:

ok lets see
one panier clothing
Roll bag on the back.
being dry
warm
DRINK
sleep well
eat good.
Fixed the list for you Pete. :whistle:

Andy.
How very dare you young man
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Make as much use of everything as possible.
A pair of pants last 4 days:- reverse em then turn inside out & reverse again.
---"----- socks------"-----:- inside out then swap L for R then inside out
Then wash em in the shower.

Bet you think i'm kidding :whistle:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

So right Elle most important items.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”