Help please is this the best adventure kit?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Brenhden

Re: One man adventure

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Alan,

That looks cool, if I have a spare £80 I will go for it.

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

You could use it instead of panniers and secure it to the bike when riding too - handy for loo and coffee stops.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Sounds like a nice trip Bren
The Aldi waterproof bags are very popular so I'm sure they will be in stock again.
I have a spare but postage would probably cost just as much as buying one!

Have you built a frame to stop the panniers from touching the exhaust?
Last year, I had an embarrassing incident when a pannier pushed the side panel against the exhaust on my DR.... :(
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

How about a travel hammoch and tarp instead of a heavy tent cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

I did my first euro trip with a £10 tent from tesco..it only weighed about 1.5 kilos, single skin but more than up to the job for a few weeks away, including some heavy rainfall...I bought a coleman afterwards but for lightness and ability to squeeze it in anywhere that Tesco tent was hard to beat...
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Hein Gericke do some decent waterproof roll bags for £6.99 HERE which at 50l will pack a load in, and they've got loops etc to help strap it down across the back, they're particularly handy for those bulky but lighter items, and also if the worst comes to the worst you can pack it with the stuff that doesn't fit in your tent and leave it outside.

I have in the past wondered if it'd be possible to rig up a harness out of old webbing bits and pieces and sling one each side of the bike as ultra-cheap throw-overs, you could have a full luggage system for maybe £30.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Alan,

Good thinking, I'm new to motorbikes and panniers. If I used that as my only luggage, would it be easy to secure it to the bike when its full of tents and everything else? I like the idea of panniers as you can even the weight out on either side and keep the centre of gravity low. Do I need to worry about that?

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Elle,

I haven't got the bike yet, I will need to do something to protect the luggage. Any tips? I was looking into this

http://www.bikerzbits.com/honda-crf250l ... -part.html

I'm assuming I need one, is that right?

I don't understand why honda don't sell and accessories for the bike...

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Spud,

I love hammocks but they do rather rely on having trees and stuff to hang them off. I will be trying to stay on camp sites and might not have the option.

Cheers

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Freeloadeur,

Brilliant, I'll get one of those for sure. If you were going to try and convert them into throw overs they would have to be pretty tough or they would rip. I've got loads of bits and bobs I could do that with but I would always be worrying about them decorating Europe with my socks and pants...

Many thanks

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”