Help please is this the best adventure kit?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Brenhden

Re: One man adventure

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Sam,

I've had the same full size thermarest since I was 14 and I love it. My biker gear is massive so I'm going to have to have to figure out what to do with it at night. I think the trousers will make a decent pillow and I guess the jacket can live at the foot end. In my dreams it will be such nice weather that I can just hang it on the bike...

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

You aren't wrong Willy,

I've been sat round camp fires sticking up for Trangias my whole life. Before anyone posts about gas stoves, save your breath I won't have one, I hate that noise...

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Brenhden wrote: In my dreams it will be such nice weather that I can just hang it on the bike...

Bren
I'll join you on that dream!!! :) FM is right I think, but if you already have the tent and you are talking a few weeks then... But if you ever do a longer ride, well, it's your home and so nice to be able to tuck everything out of sight. You know, budget saving. Go to your local supermarket and snag 2 or three of the orangy coloured kitchen wash cloths - you know, the ones that are about a foot and a half square. Stitch 'em together and you have your towel on the cheap.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi FM Fox

Didn't think I could find one of compbarable size, weight and cost as the Gelert but just spotted this:

Thanks for making me look, and its only Β£20!

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Good call Sam, I will experiment with that.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
FMFox

Post by FMFox »

Depending on where you are I can do you a Deal on this one.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -blue.html

I have used this on a couple of trips.

currently traveling the world on a CCM SR40
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I think you can save some cash on the waterproof bags. Aldi do some excellent roll top bags for about Β£9 each.

Put up a wanted advert on here and I reckon you will find a few who "over bought" when they were last on offer.

Like Sam said, I dont get on with foam roll mat. I prefer an inflatable single bed. A little heavier than a thermorest...but a sh1t load cheaper.

I've also just bought from Millets a Eurohike Down 500 sleeping bag, light and packs up really small. Reckons its a 4 season bag, though I would say probably 3 is more realisitic. I paid Β£40 in the sale (don't appear to still have them in stock, though google is your friend).

As an alternative to the luggage you have identified, take a look at the Jofama version of the Giant Loop
http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... ences.html

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
:)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Thanks for the offer of that great tent FMFox but the one I found is 800g lighter and only Β£20 delivered. It's also Force Ten shaped which will send me into a frenzy of nostalgia. If it wasn't purely for summer I would bite your arm off for it, Vango's served me so well when I wasn't such a fairweather adventurer...

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Hi Gavinskii

I'll keep an eye out for the Aldi bags, they had biker stuff in there on Sunday and I bagged a vest (that reminds me of a condonm) and a base layer, I didn't spot any luggage though...

I can imagine after a long days ride and foam mat might not be great for the back. I haven't slept on one for a while so maybe I will test it. The idea of blowing up a bed everry night doesn't entice me though...

I will look into the Millets sleeping bags.

Thats an interesting looking bag, Β£90 is quite a lot of money but having only one bag to carry would be a big bonus.

I will get a trip report going and try and fill it in every night.

Bren

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Brenhden wrote:Thanks for the tip.

The weight thing is not only based around the bike. I will be parking up and heading into Amsterdam. I will have to carry everything with me and stash it somewhere.

Bren
This might save you some effort.
http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/pacsa ... e-80l.html
I've heard good things about them.

Return to β€œTRAVEL GEAR”