Camping Recipes

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Orlando_Orange

Re: Camping Recipes

Post by Orlando_Orange »

supermarket mushroom risotto (the ready made packs) and a packet of chopped chorizo sausage....

or a can of supermarket curry and couscous. couscous is a good easy accompaniment to curries, stews etc as you only need to boil water, throw it in a bowl with the couscous and then let it sit whilst you make the rest of the meal - good for one burner cooking...

for breakfast you can't beat bacon sarnies....
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
CharlieW

Post by CharlieW »

For traveling light, and quick & easy breakfasts I make porridge in a bag.

Add these ingredients to a freezer bag:
3 tbsp Oats
2 tbsp muesli
1 tbsp dried milk
1 tbsp sugar

Then when you want to eat, pour in ~1/2 pint of boiling water into the freezer bag. Now leave it for around 5/10 mins giving it the odd shake. Eat it straight from the bag to saving on washing up.

I've had this for breakfast for 2 weeks on the row and used it as my main meal while wild camping in Norway.
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750.

Current: Yamaha xt600e.
mawse

Post by mawse »

I think this is a cracker of a recipe. Developed over several attempts
serves 3/4 (but all depends on how hungry you are ;) )so quantities need adjusting for more or less

SPICY SAUSAGE STEW
one pot
goes great with a cool beer

1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
4 GOOD SAUSAGES
1 ONION SLICED
1 CAN HOT & SPICY MIXED BEANS (TESCO)
1 CAN TOMS IN CHILLI
TOM PUREE GOOD SLUG
CRUSTY BREAD

1 heat oil & fry sausages for 4-5 mins until golden - remove and set aside
2 cook onions in same pan for 5-6 mins until soft. add beans, toms and puree and bring to boil
3 cut sausages into threes and return to pan. lower the heat and simmer for 6-7 mins until sausages are cooked and sauce thickens
4 serve with crusty bread
Harty

Post by Harty »

Orlando_Orange wrote:supermarket mushroom risotto (the ready made packs) and a packet of chopped chorizo sausage....

or a can of supermarket curry and couscous. couscous is a good easy accompaniment to curries, stews etc as you only need to boil water, throw it in a bowl with the couscous and then let it sit whilst you make the rest of the meal - good for one burner cooking...

for breakfast you can't beat bacon sarnies....
That's exactly the food I take, plus the glorious 'Walls Microwave Sausages' that God invented!!
.....eat my dirt!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

When ever I go to one of those places that have the little sachets of sauces tom ketchup, brown sauce mayo etc and even sugar, salt and pepper i always grab a few extra and keep them in a plastic bag, doesnt take take up much room but ideal for when you want that little extra on you bacon butties :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hemibee

Camping Recipes

Post by Hemibee »

davsato wrote:
stand in a pan of water a pouch of "look what we found" meatballs and a pouch of tilda or uncle bens basmati or pilaf rice, bring the water to the boil, food is hot and youve got enough clean boiling water for a coffee. stoves only on for five minutes, saves gas.

also works well with a ziplock bag of beaten eggs, give them a shake now and then for "scrambled"
Works great for an omelet too, just drop in some peppers, ham, cheese or what ever you like.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.
Tony

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

2004 KTM 450 EXC

2001 Triumph Tiger - "Black Betty"

Texas Courthouses Photographed

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Elle

Post by Elle »

As someone said, depends on whether you buy food on arrival or take it with you.

Boil in the bag Rice is fantastic. Cook to almost done, then leave in the hot water whilst you heat up / cook something else;
- steak
- sausages or chorizo
- a tin of curry / chilli / stew

I like those packets of dried pasta in a sauce too.

On a longer camping trip, I take olive oil and washing up liquid with me - any small bottle with a screw cap will do but the 2 glass plastic wine bottles have worked best (drink the wine first)....
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

Mawse - how come we didn't have that recipe in the Dolomites?

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird
mawse

Post by mawse »

siddhartha wrote:Mawse - how come we didn't have that recipe in the Dolomites?
Sidd
Ah well this is a special recipe that only gets made when its not 11 days of constant rain :woohoo:

Well thats my excuse anyway ;)
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi lads a book worth a look at for camping recipes is coolcamping some great ideas
imagesCAENRS4C.jpg
imagesCAENRS4C.jpg (7.16 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
cheers al
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”