Settled for one of these tents.

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Post Reply
nickoff
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Settled for one of these tents.

Post by nickoff » Sat May 08, 2021 11:31 am

For those not interested in camping just scroll on.
Over the years I've done quiet a bit of camping whilst out on the bike. Could be touring or going to rallys. I never stop for more than 2-3 nights so I like an easy to pitch and take down tent without all the bells and whistles. Nothing worse than packing away in the rain with a hangover.
On Wednesday night after looking at countless reviews and YouTube videos I ordered a new tent from Amazon. It arrived the next day. It's a BFull Pop Up 3 man (person) tent costing just under £80.00. I've never paid more than £44.00 before, in fact I toured Europe using a £24.00 tent and kept it for about 4 years without any problem.
The BFull is approximately 80 inches (2000mm) x 70 inches (1700mm) x 40inches (1000mm) high. It's got plenty of room inside for me and all my gear, 2 adults could sleep in it without any bother. It,has a waterproof index of 3000mm so should hold up ok in pouring rain.
I erected it yesterday just to see how things worked and then re-bagged it until this morning. Today I timed myself erecting it from scratch and it took less than 3 minutes to have it completely up and pegged out. Not bad for only the second time of putting it up. It seems well made and sturdy and you can even disconnect the fly sheet and use the inner canopy as a sunshade if required. Well impressed.
Only a couple of minor drawbacks that I can see. 1/ It doesn't have an awning to leave boots etc in overnight, not too much of a problem. 2/ It's about a 100mm longer than my usual tents when packed away at 760mm which is still shorter than the width of my handlebars but will have to be considered when weaving through traffic.
Attachments
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0428.JPG (306.08 KiB) Viewed 587 times
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG (315.8 KiB) Viewed 587 times
IMG_0426.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG (292.83 KiB) Viewed 587 times

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Billy Bananahead
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Cheshire
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by Billy Bananahead » Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 pm

I've bought one of these > https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/camping-equi ... e-300.html which is the most i've ever paid for a tent.
Was sick and tired of not having any room to move when camping and is small enough rolled up to fit on the bike.
I've just got to get one of those blow up mattresses as i chucked my camp bed last time out after yet another uncomfortable night.
Can't wait to go camping this year.

nickoff
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by nickoff » Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Billy Bananahead wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 pm
I've bought one of these > https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/camping-equi ... e-300.html which is the most i've ever paid for a tent.
Was sick and tired of not having any room to move when camping and is small enough rolled up to fit on the bike.
I've just got to get one of those blow up mattresses as i chucked my camp bed last time out after yet another uncomfortable night.
Can't wait to go camping this year.
A camping mat is going to be my next purchase then I'm all ready for the year. Like you I'm fed up with being uncomfortable plus my air bed takes up too much room. I've been looking at the Trekology UL sleeping pad. I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.

Brenhden
Posts: 5965
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 978 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by Brenhden » Tue May 11, 2021 5:48 am

Love a tent thread :)

I like the big doors, can you post of a picture of it in the bag please? A quick pitch can be dead handy :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

User avatar
bowber
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by bowber » Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 am

Insomnia Brenhden?
I bought a slumit last year, never got chance to try it, hopefully this year.
It's slightly longer in the bag than a normal tent but I'm hoping it'll not be a problem.

Steve

Brenhden
Posts: 5965
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 978 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by Brenhden » Tue May 11, 2021 6:19 am

bowber wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 am
Insomnia Brenhden?
I bought a slumit last year, never got chance to try it, hopefully this year.
It's slightly longer in the bag than a normal tent but I'm hoping it'll not be a problem.

Steve
Seems I'm not the only one, I've got in the terrible habit of starting work at 0500 so I can get stuff done without the phone ringing an interupting me.

I've not been camping yet this year and it's on my mind a lot... I think I might go super lightweight this year as my new DR200 doesn;t have a lot of carry capacity.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

daveuprite
Posts: 4297
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 2160 times
Been thanked: 2964 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by daveuprite » Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am

nickoff wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm
I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...

Brenhden
Posts: 5965
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 978 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by Brenhden » Tue May 11, 2021 9:14 am

daveuprite wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am
nickoff wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm
I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...
:lol:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

User avatar
bowber
Posts: 2234
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by bowber » Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 pm

daveuprite wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am
nickoff wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm
I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...
:lol:
It didn't take long :)

nickoff
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:13 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Settled for one of these tents.

Post by nickoff » Tue May 11, 2021 11:02 pm

bowber wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 pm
daveuprite wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am
nickoff wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm
I like to sleep on my side so want something that will take my weight without bottoming.
When we go camping as a group to the Pyrennees each year I'm always telling the others that I just want a night's sleep without bottoming...
:lol:
It didn't take long :)
What do you expect from someone calling themselves daveuprite? :) :shock:

Post Reply

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests