W2 boot wearers?

Does my ass look big in these?
herman

W2 boot wearers?

Post by herman »

I am going to treat myself to some W2s but was wondering what the fit was like? I have done a search on here and have gleaned that ample calfs are out, they might not be totally waterproof etc, etc but is a 9 a snug 9 in which case a 10 would be better with the sealskinz I tend to wear? I am going to order on line as I can get a discount and the only time I go into a shop is to actually buy something. Ta muchly :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
gebrauchtwagen83

Re: W2 boot wearers?

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

I just got some hg trg ons that look similar and I'd go for larger. With those clip on motor style boots they don't give much room for my chunky calves :(
Davev333

Post by Davev333 »

Not sure if this will help but im a size 8 in most shoes but found the 9 in the W2s to be more comfy. I tend to wear a moderately thick sock never had any water enter into the boots.
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

I'm 42 but a 43 in W2 is perfect, found them waterproof all winter, they are snug around the calf, warm, comfy..
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

I went for a 1/2 size up for warm socks and they are fine. nor have they let in water yet but
I don't often go wading in them. Good gripping soles for the ice and snow.
SGR
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel.
phil90

Post by phil90 »

I wear the w2's and normally a 10 but needed to go to a 11 and they are a good fit. A pal also says he had to go up a size.

Good choice of boot.
------ Dress for the slide, not the ride -------
GB

Post by GB »

Going against the grain here maybe but I'm a 44 and the W2"s are a 44 had them for 9months now and still like them.
Finally back on a GS :D
Filmick

Post by Filmick »

Hiya.

I bought some W2s after seeing a recomendation on here some time ago. I'm a size 10 and on all my previous FT boots needed a size 12. Tried a size 11 W2 but it was too snug so I swapped for a size 12. They are really comfy, easy & quick to get on and off, they're very waterproof (wading through streams prior to riding through) and unusually for a m/cycle boot, I feel I could wear them to walk around in all day.

Go for it, they're great.

Luke
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

Good boots, I take a size 9 with most footwear but after trying the W2 boots on at NEC it was a 10 i went for. Comfy fit, warm, easy to walk around in and comfy on the bike. Ok they dont have all the protection like most off road boots, But i think these will make great adventure riding boots. All the sraps/buckles are fully adjustable to get a comfy fit, there can also be replaced if damaged.

Cheers Dave.
herman

Post by herman »

Thanks for all the input folks, exactly what this forum is about. B) I am picking some up at the Ace tomorrow in size 10 to allow for my sealskinz. Ta muchly.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “CLOTHING”