Armour Free Jacket?

Does my ass look big in these?
London

Armour Free Jacket?

Post by London »

Want to trial wearing forcefield adventure harness with a overjacket with good abrasion protective properties. Any suggestions for the jacket - would rather buy armour free than pay for it then remove it. Would be nice if the jacket was waterproof with good venting!
herman

Re: Armour Free Jacket?

Post by herman »

I use armour too but remove the linning and armour from my old road bike jackets like the HG Taureg when they are old. How about buying second hand jackets and doing the same? Seems a shame to wreck a good jacket whilst crawling out of bramble bushes,not that I'm suggesting you do that but I certainly do. If money is no object then I am a huge fan of the Klim stuf from Adventurespec.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
scouse

Post by scouse »

A lot of motocross and enduro gear should fit the bill.... after all it is designed to be worn over armour.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
herman

Post by herman »

Personally found the mx gear ok for summer and competitions but green laning and slow longer jaunts I needed a bit of wind and waterproofing and loads of pockets for healthy snacks (chocolate). B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
London

Post by London »

mx gear not really any good for a slide down tarmac though. Think I will be buying second hand and modifying for what I need.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Enduro gear is more road biased.

Personally if you want something so cheap I would go for a decent surplus MA1. Or a hide jacket from a market stall... a lot of the Indian companies who sell on stalls sell better thickness's of hide than some of the so called bike clothing shops! I have a 4mm jacket from a stall on Stevenage market when Bikestop was selling Italian gear of a similar cut with only 2mm hide... saved around 200 quid, and 20 years later still going strong but have no armour in so depend on the fact that at town speeds I will only slide 30 years and scrape off 3mm of leather ;)

If you are going that route you either get a second hand jacket and take the armour out or just wear a decent enduro jacket. The Forcefield sets I have seen are designed to be worn under enduro or MX clothing after all.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “CLOTHING”