Waterproof over jacket/trousers/suit - recommendations?

Does my ass look big in these?
Scott_rider

Waterproof over jacket/trousers/suit - recommendations?

Post by Scott_rider »

Any recommendations for a waterproof over jacket/trousers or a suit? Got to be light and non-padded. I just want the waterproof capability, I don't need warmth or pockets etc. It would be used to go over a leather or textile jacket/trousers when the heavens open, that's all...

I've wrecked my current waterproof trousers by tearing them when I put my boot through the trouser opening :roll:

There is Richa suit on Amazon for £65 and what looks to be the same suit but actually an Amazon 'special' brand at £29... :?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Godspeed

Re: Waterproof over jacket/trousers/suit - recommendations?

Post by Godspeed »

How big is the rip? I’ve got a heat press at work that can bond a waterproof tape on and get them back together.
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

A useful addition to your boil in the bag/waterproof trousers is a carrier bag…..put the bag over boot, boot slips through trousers like a slippery stick up a dogs arse. :o
simonw

Post by simonw »

Motolegends, with a stroke of supreme irony, rave about the Scott Ergo waterproofs: https://www.motolegends.com/motorcycle- ... aterproofs
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

id say try and find a local military surplus store ..im pretty lucky i have one just amile away ...usually have some very decent proper goretex stuff that packs small ... i find them very very effective cheap and conviniant ..some stuff better than others but there are very high quality stuff to be had ,,i have to say its a lot easier going in person than online as we have to fit it over existing gear ...

here im modeling a police goretex thowover with elasticated sleeves and high neck ..they trap gloves welll and dutch army leggings ..i guess the two will pack together about the size of alarge loaf of bread ..but they do the wet stuff really well and are cool over armour too ..the army lowers are around my third pair in 15 years and they just work really well .....police coat is pretty good ...i dont care what they look like obvoiusly ..... :D but id say have route in a rmy surplus place they hacve some really awsome gear ...ask the guys there they will tell u what really is good

my local ...really pretty good to have route on here ..there is some tat but theres some real good stuff too

https://www.militarymart.co.uk/collecti ... f-trousers
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

The Scott overjacket is awesome, 100% waterproof and windproof. Easy to put on and is stretchy so doesn't billow at speed. Packs up pretty small and if you get the yellow one it saves taking a separate fluoro tabard for France!
Only downside is no external pocket which may be a PITA for motorway toll booths.
I can't vouch for the trousers as I have not tried them. (Iride off-road a lot and always trash them on my regular hedge excursions, so tend to buy cheap ones).
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I've got 2 waterproof trousers.

1) Held: Lightweight, very flexible and easy to take on and off. Black with hi-viz stripe on the outside. I tend to wear them on longer road-rides over armoured/reinforced Bull-It or Draggin Jeans. Even in the dry, they keep the dirt off, and they keep the water out in the wet. 'Intelligent sizing' so if you are 'medium' the Medium ones fit over your usual clothing. All elasticated.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/435307

2) Ex-RAF: Chosen because they are not cammo, just blue. Heavier and more robust than the Held product, I got them for wet trail-rides. Use some kind of Gortex-alike material. Waist fastener not brilliant, it will work undone. Pocket slots face forward, so could well let you get very wet indeed unless covered by a jacket. Cheap to buy as they are secondhand from army surplus
https://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.u ... 86938.html
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Thanks guys 8-) . My waterproof trousers are beyond repair as they are more shredded at the bottom than ripped :oops: . All that kit looks good but might be a bit 'rich' for me because it's only for occasional use and I should have said just for road use if we get caught in bad weather.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Millets, Mountain Warehouse, GoOutdoors...all have simple waterproofs minus motorcycling added tax.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I bought some basic kit from amazon.. but wouldn't like to try it on bike as the pockets are just slits .. but may be OK for emergencies?
I then got some oxford , jacket, hi viz, not tried in rain but seemed good quality and shaped for a bike rider. They do trousers too.
Oxford Rainseal overjacket.. yellow, yellow and black, black.

((Good fit but not used in rain yet))

Just bought the black trousers, oxford rainseal overtrousers , £23 as been meaning to, .. now reminded lol...other wet gear is real bad,.. Will let u know if I get fluid between the legs lol.
Last edited by garyboy on Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “CLOTHING”