Waterproof over jacket/trousers/suit - recommendations?

Does my ass look big in these?
garyboy

Re: Waterproof over jacket/trousers/suit - recommendations?

Post by garyboy »

I've seen some transparent kit too, on amazon I think. But can't attest
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I second military Goretex--RN blue jackets and German army salopettes (nice long zips on the leg so that they can be put on over riding boots). Great quality at a great price--I typically use the salopettes off road and carry a jacket if it looks wet, and on road just stored so that I can get at them quickly---I buy on the XXL size so that they are easy to put on over normal gear. Saves muck and drying of conventional gear--and also good when its really cold as a windproof outer layer.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Is there an online shop you could recommend, Chris?
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Not really---just a good e-bay search--there's lots out there, but choose wisely and know what you want.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

garyboy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:59 am Is there an online shop you could recommend, Chris?
See link on my post earlier in thread
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Ah .. missed that. Thanks Richard, will check it out .
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Sportsbikeshop .. that seemed familiar ... jeez .. I just previously ordered some black oxford rainseal overtrousers from them lol. I am getting senile .. though, tbf, they will be reserved for road use. Come to think of it, I can use my poor leaky tech 7 overtrousers for muddy trails, and, come to think of it, I already have some camo plasticky leaky trousers lol. So ... best save my money ... stop spending !!!

omg .. is it brain fog or just old age .... I was looking for some paniers for the crf250. I have a tank bag now, and tool tubes, to fit, but fancied some side carriers for longer rides. Then I remembered i already have some Tech 7 ones... dug them out... they OK .. saved some more unnecessary dosh outlay.
gbags

Post by gbags »

I use an Oxford one piece. Cheap but hard wearing, really water proof from ankles to wrists to neck.
When mine dies I’ll definitely get another.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the Oxford `Rain Seal` overtrousers arrived, and despite feeling not too good, I heroically tried them on. They seem good quality, not too thick, but would be a pain to fit in the rain, as took a while on my comfy dry couch in the warm living room (such a hero lol), despite being a size overweight, so to speak. (not exactly a fashion style, being baggy round the thighs and bum lol, but can't feel them at all on the bike, and easy to mount and dismount).

I was hoping, after seeing a comment on this thread, that they would keep the cold off my rheumaticky knee .. but didn't really, as i could feel the Easter May chill through the, now seemingly thin cold material, but better than just trainer bottoms and inadequate knee protectors.

but would be good as a reserve, rolled up somewhere, as took little space.
Waterproof? ... dunno lol, but got to be better than nothing? and the fit gives ease of movement [on/off the bike], if pre-fitted beforehand.

ps.. I do have plenty of bike (supposedly) waterproof riding trousers, but they all seem to have shrunk around the waist area .. strange that?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

gbags wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:32 pm I use an Oxford one piece. Cheap but hard wearing, really water proof from ankles to wrists to neck.
When mine dies I’ll definitely get another.
.. that brought back memories of a bright orange one-piece oversuit i had once .. no-one would wave back to me, on the bike lol, a day-glow phantom ... and they pulled on certain body parts lol. .. but a great idea?

I've always bought 2-part gear since lol.

Return to “CLOTHING”