Twat Suit Zips

Does my ass look big in these?
gbags

Twat Suit Zips

Post by gbags »

I’ve just had to climb out of my jacket again as bloody zip has jammed.
This has happened three times lately. I’ll work it loose after a lot of swearing but the jacket is only six years old and both my inside pockets are failing now too. They don’t jam, they just open both sides of the pull thing. The main zip just jams a few inches from the bottom.

This is not a cheap jacket; it’s a BMW Rallye and I’m a slim bloke who doesn’t mistreat his kit.

Aha! some of you will be saying. Serves you right for buying an overpriced, wanky Panzer twat suit, and there is some merit in that argument, but I was riding in a hot country when my last jacket gave out so I looked in the first bike place I saw (which was a BMW dealership) at their jackets. They offered a big discount, I bit.

So, is this six years normal? I’ve been riding for eons but this was my first expensive jacket.
I can’t take it back as the dealer is thousands of miles away.

Any suggestions? Rude ones as well; I could do with a laugh.
Oop North John

Re: Twat Suit Zips

Post by Oop North John »

Maybe send it to Lancashire Sport Repairs for them to breathe on it / replace it?

https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

My Wife's leather jacket zip kept separating above and below the runner which was due to the 'runner' (pull up thing) being worn, £12 at a small leather jacket repair shop sorted it.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

It’s always disappointing when some starts to malfunction especially when it is a ‘premium’ product.
However, you’ve had it for 6 years (it’s not new anymore) and I know that you are a bit more than a 1500 miles a year to the local bike shop/cafe or Starbucks/Costa (other coffee chains are available)

During ownership I’m sure that lots of the features have been a bonus and that the materials and construction have kept you more comfortable than some of the budget offerings that are out there.

As others have said, get the zip professionally replaced and put years more ‘looking a Twat’ back in to the jacket. 🤭
johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy »

typical bmw,high price ,poor quality.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Hi, depending on where you live most Alpkit stores have a repair station where they can repair zip sliders, put new zips in and sort stuff out. 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
gbags

Post by gbags »

Thanks folks, I’ll get it replaced.
Womble

Post by Womble »

A very late reply, not normal, my Rally jacket must be 16 or 17 years old, still great, but looking very travel weary
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive had some real good results ......on you tube :shock: ..i lost the whole bottom of a jacket zipper an belive it or not baking soda superglue and a small file 20 mins of my time sorted it out
..mek a brew and scan you tube .... there are some really great tips on how to fix stuff .. cant say exactly what u need to do but search u tube and its odds on you will geta solution thats worth a punt

ramdom examples have fun :mrgreen:

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

Plastic or metal teeth in your zipper?
You seem to be in Devon, UK. Google maps has about a dozen zipper-fixing-places near you.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/Fix+ ... +devon+uk/
Even when you add motorcycle jacket they show few places.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/Devo ... le+jacket/
Any store that sells sewing materials should be able to recommend a person that does a good job.
If the rest of the jacket is in good condition zipper fix might be worth it.
Personally I'd say that 6 years is not that bad lifetime for a motorcycle jacket and buy a replacement.
Champagne taste on beer budget.

Return to “CLOTHING”