Waterproof jacket

Does my ass look big in these?
gbags

Re: Waterproof jacket

Post by gbags »

I bought a cheap Oxford one piece ankle to neck waterproof about seven years ago.
With decent boots you’ll stay dry even in a biblical storm. It has very wide ankles so when the rain starts I just pull in, climb inside and ride completely dry. No buttons, just folds and Velcro, like a roll bag.

This is the first thing that ever has properly kept me dry. Hiking gear and Goretex doesn’t work when the rain is blasted in at 80 mph.
richardbd

Post by richardbd »

Berghaus gore-tex paclite jacket and troos have done the job pretty well for me - til I melted the troos on the exhaust :lol:

Now I have BMW Rainlock. Seems to work. Not cheap but not barking mad prices either…
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

I've got a Rukka jacket which is excellent, and so it should be for the money. It works well and I use it as my general jacket whilst riding about.

However, I've also gone down the layering route with Adventure Spec stuff, which I use for holidays, as I can use the Linesman jacket in the evenings without any armour in it (I have the Knox Action shirt for armour).

The AS waterproof jacket is really good. I have the grey one, which was called something else when I bought it. It is properly waterproof and fits well whilst I'm on the bike. (I'm large boned and sized appropriately). Again, the jacket is useful for evening stuff. Also, I wear it if the weather starts getting cold, adding an extra windproof layer. Was riding in Northumberland in snow in the spring and didn't need extra clothes on.

The main benefit of the AS stuff is that you don't need to wear all of it all the time. When it has been warm and raining, I'll use the waterproof over my armour and not wear the Linesman jacket. Also, when you're out in the evening, you haven't got a big heavy black jacket to heave around all the time.

Horses for courses, but I'm glad I made the leap.

Return to “CLOTHING”