Forma Adventure Boots - are they made for walking?

Does my ass look big in these?
daveuprite

Forma Adventure Boots - are they made for walking?

Post by daveuprite »

Forma Adventure Boots - does anyone wear these?

I'm thinking of buying a pair of the 'low' version, one of these days, for general use on road bike and maybe while doing more gentle route-finding on the enduro bike, because that's just what I'll do. They claim to be very comfortable off the bike too, if I'm gonna walk all over you. Is that true?

Any opinions welcome... :)

Last edited by daveuprite on Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treadtrader

Re: Forma Adventure Boots - are they made for walking?

Post by Treadtrader »

Had mine about two years. Like wearing a comfortable walking boot. Reasonably lightweight. Not too expensive. So far still like new.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I can't comment on the Forma boots but if I'm touring and I know I'm going to do a reasonable amount of walking I use my Altberg Hogg boots. Now approaching 20 years old and well into their third set of soles.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

They look like a good way to get your shins battered black and blue to me.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Your normally very ‘on it’. But, I have been wondering why your shins would get battered in the shorter boot?,
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well in a moment of pure excitement, I measured the interior height of my A-Star Tech 3 Enduro boots to compare. The interior height of the Forma Adventure Low boots is only 7 cm less than a full height MX/enduro - so I think your shins will be fine and most of your lower leg above the ankle too. I wouldn't really want to buy any of these 'shortie' boots (e.g. the A-Star CR-X ankle boots) because I agree Richard that you could get seriously beaten up in a decent off wearing those.
Richard Simpson Mark II

I'm just thinking more in normal trail/off-road riding, rather than falling off. Put your foot on the floor and where is the footpeg in relation to the top of the boot?

The footpegs on my KTMs and Gas Gas would be just right to bark/bash my shins in those boots, I would think.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:55 pm I'm just thinking more in normal trail/off-road riding, rather than falling off. Put your foot on the floor and where is the footpeg in relation to the top of the boot?

The footpegs on my KTMs and Gas Gas would be just right to bark/bash my shins in those boots, I would think.
Yep, fair point. I'll check that out. It's possible that I'll never wear them off-road, just on a street bike.
Richard Simpson Mark II

I've got some Oxford Tracker (don't laugh) motorcycle boots that are very comfortable on and off the bike, and just look like a plain black boot. The Tracker name is meaningless...they aren't off-road or road racery. They are leather, waterproof, and cost £60 from Trago Mills!
As the world opens up, I expect I'll be using them for business and social trips on the bike. Full CE approvals too.
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

The Formas are comfy but they do have quite a large "toe box" which can make for difficulty changing gear on a road bike so depending on what you ride they might not be the best choice.

Return to “CLOTHING”