Blaze heated clothing

Does my ass look big in these?
DanielS

Blaze heated clothing

Post by DanielS »

Has anyone used it, specifically the jacket or vest? I was holding out for a Keis J501 jacket but am tempted to try the Blaze vest as it's quite cheap.

https://www.blazewear.com/shop-by-activ ... b10eb9459c
R_Much

Re: Blaze heated clothing

Post by R_Much »

I've got the jacket and it's very good.

Trust their size chart, I'm an L/42 in most things and getting an S felt wrong, but sizing is spot on. It's designed to be a snug fit close to the skin to be effective, I wear it over a t-shirt. It's quite thin nylon material so slides easily under the insulated layer of my winter jacket. I think the Keis stuff more replaces the insulated liner of your jacket.

If you're stood about away from the bike and feeling a chill, plugging into the bike again you get a welcome blast of heat. If you start on max setting it reverts to medium after five minutes, another press of the button and it goes onto low heat.

Neck heat is lovely, back is hot, front less so and the arms I can't really tell they're working, except for the fact my arms aren't cold so I suppose it must be. I think wind chill on the front of my jacket means it's less effective there for me. I'm still glad I went for the jacket though, arms are purposefully short so the cuffs don't foul your gloves, and you can still cinch the cuffs of your jacket.

It makes winter riding a much more pleasant experience and I would recommend.

I got it in last years sale, I can't comment on longevity because it hasn't had much use this year.

HTH.
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

That's one good review so far, many thanks.
scaley

Post by scaley »

I've had a blaze jacket for two years now. I love it. I added the remote control as it's easier than fumbling for the switch on the jacket. It's a wireless link mounted on the handlebar. Worth getting it.

Sent from my A8 using Tapatalk

Regards

Scaley

Return to “CLOTHING”