Mesh armour jackets

Does my ass look big in these?
Takson

Mesh armour jackets

Post by Takson »

Hi,

I am a more recent convert to adventure bikes and planning my first 'expedition' to Morocco next year. I picked up a new old stock Triumph Navigator suit for what I felt was a good price and I am very happy with it, but find it pretty warm in the summer months even in the UK.

Unfortunately the Navigator mesh jackets are pretty much all sold out and I've not been able to track one down. It got me thinking about an alternative solution.

Does anyone use a mesh under layer with armour, then either something like a motorcross style jersey for summer, then their normal textile jacket without the armour in the cooler climates?

I'd be interested in opinions and options you have before I go and shell out on something which is going to have fundamental flaws.

Thanks

Toby
qcnr

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by qcnr »

I have a Knox jacket, very comfy with all armour, and it is abrasion resistant, so can be used on its own or as
part of a layer system. I just wear a goretex mountain jacket over it when chilly/ raining and add another
layer or two when cold.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Always take my old Harley lightly armoured mesh jacket with me on any trip likely to experience warm temps. Makes riding more pleasurable in the high 20s, and a godsend in the high 30s and above. As qcnr mentioned above, lightweight rain/wind jacket if turns cloudy or happen upon a light shower.
markoh

Post by markoh »

I've been using Rev'it Tornado jacket and trousers for some years now.
I would replace if I had to, excellent kit.
https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-to ... 7.html#101
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Whatever you choose, if you are going somewhere hot avoid black clothes. The lighter the colour the better. Annoying really as I think black is 'cool'.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
kickstart

Post by kickstart »

Hi
have a look at the adventure spec MONGOLIA TRAIL JACKET i have bought one to ride i hot country have used it for the odd day trail riding in the uk and its been great would happily use in Morocco
cheers stuart
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 am Whatever you choose, if you are going somewhere hot avoid black clothes. The lighter the colour the better. Annoying really as I think black is 'cool'.
Not necessarily, Bren. We had this discussion recently on the forum:

https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... ct#p662437

where Nick put me right on the subject. The article quoted by Nick in his post is worth a read.

Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well. I either wear just a T-shirt underneath, or I add an MX shirt on top, mainly to deflect brambles. An enduro jacket goes over the top fine if it's cold, as long as you take its own armour and lining out first.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

daveuprite wrote: ↑Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:03 pm
Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well.
Mr Uprite, what Leatt jacket part no./description dis you get? (Struggling with Leatt website - not very search friendly.)

tia.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Crossrutted wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am
Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well.
Mr Uprite, what Leatt jacket part no./description dis you get? (Struggling with Leatt website - not very search friendly.)

tia.
Sorry to reply so late. Been up in the Pyrennees for a week having a hoot.

My body armour is a Leatt Adventure. It was on discount at 24MX.

https://www.24mx.fr/equipement-cross/pr ... PM-2385914

I managed to get it for 129 euros. Great piece of kit.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

daveuprite wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 am
Crossrutted wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am

tia.
Sorry to reply so late. Been up in the Pyrennees for a week having a hoot.

My body armour is a Leatt Adventure. It was on discount at 24MX.

https://www.24mx.fr/equipement-cross/pr ... PM-2385914

I managed to get it for 129 euros. Great piece of kit.

Dave, thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at that.

Return to β€œCLOTHING”