Mesh armour jackets

Does my ass look big in these?
Post Reply
Takson
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Mesh armour jackets

Post by Takson » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi,

I am a more recent convert to adventure bikes and planning my first 'expedition' to Morocco next year. I picked up a new old stock Triumph Navigator suit for what I felt was a good price and I am very happy with it, but find it pretty warm in the summer months even in the UK.

Unfortunately the Navigator mesh jackets are pretty much all sold out and I've not been able to track one down. It got me thinking about an alternative solution.

Does anyone use a mesh under layer with armour, then either something like a motorcross style jersey for summer, then their normal textile jacket without the armour in the cooler climates?

I'd be interested in opinions and options you have before I go and shell out on something which is going to have fundamental flaws.

Thanks

Toby

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
qcnr
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:28 am
Has thanked: 391 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by qcnr » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:28 am

I have a Knox jacket, very comfy with all armour, and it is abrasion resistant, so can be used on its own or as
part of a layer system. I just wear a goretex mountain jacket over it when chilly/ raining and add another
layer or two when cold.

Spike941
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:36 pm
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by Spike941 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:17 am

Always take my old Harley lightly armoured mesh jacket with me on any trip likely to experience warm temps. Makes riding more pleasurable in the high 20s, and a godsend in the high 30s and above. As qcnr mentioned above, lightweight rain/wind jacket if turns cloudy or happen upon a light shower.

markoh
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by markoh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am

I've been using Rev'it Tornado jacket and trousers for some years now.
I would replace if I had to, excellent kit.
https://www.revitsport.com/en/jacket-to ... 7.html#101

Brenhden
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 836 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by Brenhden » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 am

Whatever you choose, if you are going somewhere hot avoid black clothes. The lighter the colour the better. Annoying really as I think black is 'cool'.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Honda CRF250 Rally.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

kickstart
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:27 pm
Location: isle of wight
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by kickstart » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi
have a look at the adventure spec MONGOLIA TRAIL JACKET i have bought one to ride i hot country have used it for the odd day trail riding in the uk and its been great would happily use in Morocco
cheers stuart

daveuprite
Posts: 3312
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1670 times
Been thanked: 2166 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by daveuprite » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Brenhden wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 am
Whatever you choose, if you are going somewhere hot avoid black clothes. The lighter the colour the better. Annoying really as I think black is 'cool'.
Not necessarily, Bren. We had this discussion recently on the forum:

https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... ct#p662437

where Nick put me right on the subject. The article quoted by Nick in his post is worth a read.

Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well. I either wear just a T-shirt underneath, or I add an MX shirt on top, mainly to deflect brambles. An enduro jacket goes over the top fine if it's cold, as long as you take its own armour and lining out first.

Crossrutted
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by Crossrutted » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am

daveuprite wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well.
Mr Uprite, what Leatt jacket part no./description dis you get? (Struggling with Leatt website - not very search friendly.)

tia.

daveuprite
Posts: 3312
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Limousin France
Has thanked: 1670 times
Been thanked: 2166 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by daveuprite » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 am

Crossrutted wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am
daveuprite wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well.
Mr Uprite, what Leatt jacket part no./description dis you get? (Struggling with Leatt website - not very search friendly.)

tia.
Sorry to reply so late. Been up in the Pyrennees for a week having a hoot.

My body armour is a Leatt Adventure. It was on discount at 24MX.

https://www.24mx.fr/equipement-cross/pr ... PM-2385914

I managed to get it for 129 euros. Great piece of kit.

Crossrutted
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Mesh armour jackets

Post by Crossrutted » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:26 pm

daveuprite wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 am
Crossrutted wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:00 am
daveuprite wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Back to the original question about mesh armour jackets, I bought a Leatt all-in-one mesh jacket, covered in CE armour, back protection, kidney belt etc etc. Fits well and lets the air through very well.
Mr Uprite, what Leatt jacket part no./description dis you get? (Struggling with Leatt website - not very search friendly.)

tia.
Sorry to reply so late. Been up in the Pyrennees for a week having a hoot.

My body armour is a Leatt Adventure. It was on discount at 24MX.

https://www.24mx.fr/equipement-cross/pr ... PM-2385914

I managed to get it for 129 euros. Great piece of kit.

Dave, thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at that.

Post Reply

Return to β€œCLOTHING”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests